Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha Smokin'......for New Years!!

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
It seems NONE of us on this board need a reason to reach into the deep dark corners of our humi's to pull out a special cigar, but with new years on the way....well it's too convenient!!!! All in all i'm curious...

I have a RP Decade and a Ashton VSG(Love ya Luko!!) Resting for the big day. How bout you guys?

Comments

• Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    its funny i really havent thought about this year, but i want an aged decade to have for 2011 new years :) i wonder if the flavor would dull out too much that far away?
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Hadn't thought about it yet. I'll pull something nice out of the aging humidor, probably an ISOM of some kind.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've been thinking about a padron 80th or 2004 forbidden x... Maybe both..
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I'm not sure I will be able to smoke where I am going. I'm heading to northern VA again. I will probably smoke 2 on the way down. Thinking about a Shaggy if I get the box in time, maybe a GOF (thats a big maybe), maybe a RP 1992, I've got those Turk coming and the RP Ren. Too many choices!
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I'm thinking about trying out a GOF...we'll see.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I may light up an Oliva Serie V maduro. The weather will be the biggest determining factor since I smoke outside, I really don't want to light a cigar I can't finish or enjoy due to cold wind or rain. So we'll see, hopefully the current storm systems are long gone by then.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I may light up an Oliva Serie V maduro. The weather will be the biggest determining factor since I smoke outside, I really don't want to light a cigar I can't finish or enjoy due to cold wind or rain. So we'll see, hopefully the current storm systems are long gone by then.
    Wish I could find some of those, seems to be a hard to find smoke. If you do smoke it, enjoy it I've heard good things about it. If the weather continues here I might not smoke anything, but right now it's not windy or snowy/rainy so if it stays this way I will smoke something. I've tried to smoke a few cigars but the weather seems to be always acting up while I'm smoking, seems to always happen after I light one.. Good luck!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    Wish I could find some of those, seems to be a hard to find smoke. If you do smoke it, enjoy it I've heard good things about it. If the weather continues here I might not smoke anything, but right now it's not windy or snowy/rainy so if it stays this way I will smoke something. I've tried to smoke a few cigars but the weather seems to be always acting up while I'm smoking, seems to always happen after I light one.. Good luck!
    The 6 X 60s were in stock on here when I checked earlier today.
  • Options
    I didn't see the Maduros, and they are sold out, 6x60 as of right now..
  • Options
    Wow. That just changed. As of this morning there were only the 6 X 60s. Nothing else was available. Now they are not available but two other sizes are. Interesting! Oh, I also missed the maduro part. Sorry about that. I didn;t know that they came in Maduro. I've only seen them in Habano. I've never had one. That one site I sent you last week had them.
  • Options
    doh, I didn't even look.. Oh well, I'll give them a shot again. Yeah I didn't know there were any Maddy's in the line either till a few days ago.
  • Options
    They released a maduro blend in one size with a limited run of 50,000 cigars. It was so highly anticipated that it sold very quickly when it was released. One of those things where you had to be on it otherwise you missed out.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Depends on the weather. If it's good enough to enjoy taking my time, I may have a Padron 1926. If not, probably nothing special; just whatever strikes me. New Year's has never been a particularly big deal for me.
  • Options
    urbino:
    New Year's has never been a particularly big deal for me.
    Same here. Of course, I'm not big on any holidays. If it proves a good time to have a Serie V maduro, however, I'll be a fan of New Year's day just this once.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    Same here. Of course, I'm not big on any holidays.
    Me, neither. We're so much alike, you must be a really wonderful person.
  • Options
    urbino:
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    Same here. Of course, I'm not big on any holidays.
    Me, neither. We're so much alike, you must be a really wonderful person.
    HA!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    Same here. Of course, I'm not big on any holidays. If it proves a good time to have a Serie V maduro, however, I'll be a fan of New Year's day just this once.
    I'm with you both there. The only Holiday that I actually look forward to is July 4th.. Just relax all day, drink, smoke, BBQ, eat, nice weather... only six more months !
  • Options
    Another wonderful person. July 4th is okay, but hotternhell here.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Another wonderful person. July 4th is okay, but hotternhell here.
    We've had this discussion before.. I would rather have hotternhell than colder'nabitch.. It finally got above freezing here today..most of the week was below zero.
  • Options
    Yeah, okay, that's pretty cold.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I would go 4th july as well-weather related
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty lucky, i'm going to a get together in a large heated garage. Bringing a RP Decade, Ashton VSG and a Graycliff 1666. Truth be told im not huge on holdays, but all the guys i know(me included) use it as an excuse to congregate, sans wives, and smoke.
  • Options
    im gonna be in disney world..not sure they allow smoking there :P
  • Options
    tshaw:
    im gonna be in disney world..not sure they allow smoking there :P
    I know the answer. There are designated areas... ask the "cast members" they will let you know where ..
  • Options
    Even better....take some extra cigars with you. When you light up, if anyone tells you not to smoke, stick a cigar in their mouth and tell them to shut up and enjoy. Well, it's worth a shot. :)
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    What's with all these holiday haters? I'm a big Christmas, July 4 and Thanksgiving guy. Could care less about Halloween and New Year's. That being said, I'll try to jazz Dec. 31 a bit. I think I'm going to have one of the davidoffs I've had resting since July. Or an Opus X.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Even better....take some extra cigars with you. When you light up, if anyone tells you not to smoke, stick a cigar in their mouth and tell them to shut up and enjoy. Well, it's worth a shot. :)
    LOL i might ask a cast member, not sure if the wife and kids will appreciate me taking time for a cigar...wait just kidding im 18 im good looks like thats what ill be doing in that case i might have a padron '64 or a RP decade
  • Options
    cubbychubbycubbychubby Posts: 29
    Still recuperating from mouth surgery...no cigars for cubbychubby for a while !
  • Options
    Pry gonna try a gurkha turk that i should be getting in the mail hopefully tomorrow!!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'll be getting off work at 5:00am new years eve morning and have to be back at 5:00am New Years day so I doubt I'll have a chance to smoke anything... But if I do by some chance then it will probably be an Oliva Serie G Maduro in the Robusto size.