Home Cigar 101
Options

Need Expert Advice on Padron 1964 Anniversary Series Alternative

One of my good buddies and groomsman is an aficianado as well. He raves over the Padron 1964 series and I was planning on getting him some as a groomsman gift. The thing is, each stick is over $11 a piece. With the number of variations out there I'm thinking there's a good chance that there is an alternative that is identical to the 1964 series at lesser price. This is where you guys come in.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    The Padron 1964 Series maduro is one of my favorite smokes and yes, at $11 bucks a stick it might seem a bit pricey. Unfortunately (fortunately for Padron) I have not found any alternative cigar having the identical construction, flavor profile, etc. or even close enough to the '64 series Padron that would make me happy enough to consider giving up Padrons. Bottom line, you can't beat the original. Sorry
    Depending on how many you were thinking about getting for your buddy you might look at getting a sampler and save a few $$$.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    If you're tryin to save some money, rather than getting him a box, why don't you just get him like 3 or 4 and a nice leather travel case to carry them in. You might even be able to get the case personalized or something.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    If you're tryin to save some money, rather than getting him a box, why don't you just get him like 3 or 4 and a nice leather travel case to carry them in. You might even be able to get the case personalized or something.
    Dang good idea, Ron ;) You can have it embossed/engraved with your names and the date or soemthing. Make your fiancee' a part of it too, to encourage her along the path of all that is good with cigars :D
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Yea if I had it to do over again my groomsmen would have gotten cigar cases or small humis for the 2 that enjoy and decanturs for the other two. I bought them all nice bottles of liquor but we just ended up drinking them that night already half drunk perfectly good was a very fine liquors.
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    rdnstn:
    Something along these lines was my second choice if I couldn't find an alternative.

Thanks for the input, guys.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Get the man what he likes ! There is no substitutes for a favorite, and nothing identical to this one. He will appreciate a few of these I guarentee.
  • Options
    Bsneed51Bsneed51 Posts: 22
    I would guess that if he likes the 1964's then he probably enjoys the Padron x000 lines as well.  They are outstanding cigars, and most of them cost around $4 per stick.  I know if someone hooked me up with some Padron's, I would be very happy.
  • Options
    KenKKenK Posts: 3
    I have found some short versions of both the 1964 and 1926 anniversarios at a reasonable price. Granted you get half the cigar, but the price is slashed in half as well. Not sure what they call them, but they had the same great experience!!Big Smile [:D]