Home General Discussion

Cigar buying "habits"

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
Hopefully i'm not the only one like this so i'm just going to throw it out there. Anyone else find themselves on cigar sites atleast 2-3 times a day. Whether it's checking this forum, going on CI to check out the joe cigar special, surfing JR or CI viewing the latest specials and samplers, poking your head on c-bid trying to score those smokes youve been wanting for a while? Surfing ccom reading all of the descriptions and researching a particular stick..... I'm an addicted man! I hit the b&m maybe once week, however they are usually too expensive here in CA, online is the way to go here.

Am i normal....

Hopefully i'm not way out in left field on this one.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i check this forum way to much. ... at least 4-5 times a day... on days i work.

on days that i dont work i just keep this forum up in one window or another all day.

i poke my nose in on other sites but mostly just here.
  • Jetmech_63:
    Hopefully i'm not the only one like this so i'm just going to throw it out there. Anyone else find themselves on cigar sites atleast 2-3 times a day. Whether it's checking this forum, going on CI to check out the joe cigar special, surfing JR or CI viewing the latest specials and samplers, poking your head on c-bid trying to score those smokes youve been wanting for a while? Surfing ccom reading all of the descriptions and researching a particular stick..... I'm an addicted man! I hit the b&m maybe once week, however they are usually too expensive here in CA, online is the way to go here.

Am i normal....

Hopefully i'm not way out in left field on this one.
    My God, it sounded like I posted that. It describes me perfectly. I leave my browser open with a bunch of cigar websites open and check back often. I bring catalogs with me to work and leave a copy of a cigar magazine by the throne. I end up buying too many sticks because of the deals. Especially when they throw in an extra 8 cigars on top of the low sale price. I just can't pass those deals up.
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    yea jet...your not alone i check this forum 6 times a day probably...btw thanks for the joe cigar reminder i havent checked that in forever so ive probably missed good stuff :O
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    You are not alone my brother you are not alone
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I have the work laptop on all day, with several sites open in firefox. The bulk of the things work related use IE so I just pop firefox up throughout the day and waste time. I find myself on this forum the most. I would say I check on the cigars that are being ordered or out of stock as Ccom seems to update their lists at any time. I buy cigars from other sites as well but usually when Ccom doesn't stock them or have them in stock.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    same here guys. At a minimum I check the site when I get up, before I leave for work, when I get home and Before I go to bed. On days that I don't work it's even more often than that.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I feel like I miss something when I don't check the forum pages everyday!
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Looks like all of us have a little bit of OCD! If I'm not out of town, I at least check the boards every time before I go to bed. And if I have any spare time at my desk, I spend it looking to see if there are any new posts.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I am usually so bored at work that I look at this site and a few others like 10 times a day. If I can, I leave a ccom window up at work to go back and forth between the cigars and the forum.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I definitely check-in here a lot. In terms of the store part of the site, or other online sellers, I don't spend much time perusing them anymore. I did for many months, but now I feel like I've got a pretty good grip on what all's out there, and I've got a big enough collection that I can pretty much always just go to my humi to find something interesting I haven't tried yet, or another of something I love.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I definitely check-in here a lot. In terms of the store part of the site, or other online sellers, I don't spend much time perusing them anymore. I did for many months, but now I feel like I've got a pretty good grip on what all's out there, and I've got a big enough collection that I can pretty much always just go to my humi to find something interesting I haven't tried yet, or another of something I love.

I wanna be you when i grow up !!!
    Heh. All you have to do is hang around here long enough, Jet, and participate in the games, trades, and passes. You'll quickly accumulate a wide variety of things.
    Glad to know i'm not the only one, i feel better now. Brandon, i know exactly what you mean!! I feel like i'm missing out on something if i dont check this atleast once a day.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Same here...always on...I've been on the CI and cigar bid site a lot lately..some good deals out there...especially today when it is 65 degrees here in Jersey...time to light one up!!!
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Hey jet, your not alone. I check a couple auction cites and a few other cites daily to make sure i don't miss a good deal.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    you are not alone, I check this site at least 4 to 5x a day when I am at work, and once or twice during the weekends, and I am always checking other cigar sites multiple times daily for good deals and ratings.

"Long ashes my friends."

• cubbychubbycubbychubby Posts: 29
    Almost everyday on some cigar sites. Seems there are more "deals" now than ever. (also... a little concerned about tobacco taxes going up....prompting more buying activity now)
  • I am not alone!!!!!!  Surprise [:O] Man....I thought I had turned into some kind of obsessive/compulsive cigar nut but it appears that I am sooo normal.  I'm on cigar sites and blogs every day, sometimes not really looking for anything in particular.  Now is wish I had purchased a larger humi (only 50 ct) for Christmas......dang!!!
  • I check this site around 6 times a day just reading all the great things people post this is the best site i have found there is so much knowledge in this site. It really helps us who are just starting out i know more than most of my friends who have been smokin much longer than me just by readin all the great post.I also look at the bidding sites there are always great deals. Thanks, Brian
  • having a smart phone has definitly increased the amount of time I spend on the forum
    Welcome Aboard Knight, Smoke and Leonard. Riverside CA, eh? The California Herf may just become a reality. If nothing else a California pass :) hmmmmmm
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Welcome Aboard Knight, Smoke and Leonard. Riverside CA, eh? The California Herf may just become a reality. If nothing else a California pass :) hmmmmmm
    And if not a California herf, I think there are enough to pull off a Southern California herf, and we're all within about an hour or less.
  • I am stocking up before new taxes. Even if the taxes don't come, I still have some nice cigars to age. I currently have 3 orders I am waiting on. I need a bigger humidor...
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    A so cal herf would be very do able.......
  • StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    I spend a lot of time looking at cigars online and I spend way more then I probably should but when I see a box of something I like on cbid going for really cheap I just cant help but bid I have a hard time passing up those "to good to be true deals" that end up being basically an everyday deal and with so many cigars I want to try I constantly am buying a fiver of this or that as well. Then I cant help but spend $100 or more everytime I am at my B&M and they have anejos and opus x in stock or I am out of VSG so I try to limit my trips to my local shop because they seem to always have these in stock.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I tend to have that same habit with cbid Stoogee...I've been a good boy recently though, I've only purchased 13 cigars on there in the past 2-3 months.
    so I've been pretty bad this last year. I think I spend over 1500 in smokes and smoke stuff. That's a lot now that I think of it. But I have to say that I think I've got most of the spendy smokes already bought that I wanted to try. Now I know what boxes to get so maybe it's wasn't a complete waste.. But then again a box of padron '26's and VSG's aren't really that cheap.. oh man..
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    so I've been pretty bad this last year. I think I spend over 1500 in smokes and smoke stuff. That's a lot now that I think of it. But I have to say that I think I've got most of the spendy smokes already bought that I wanted to try. Now I know what boxes to get so maybe it's wasn't a complete waste.. But then again a box of padron '26's and VSG's aren't really that cheap.. oh man..

Damn Pheebs - 1500 sounds reasonable in the last year. I believe I hit that in the last 6 months. I am getting nice collection, but I have got to back off - although I do have 5 - 5ers comin' from CBID. Perhaps I just need another job... :)
    phobicsquirrel:
    But then again a box of padron '26's and VSG's aren't really that cheap.
    Ain't it a cryin' shame?
    yup, it sure is urby...