Home Non Cigar Related

Beer trades? sixer for a sixer?

So, I'm new to this forum and relatively new to smoking good cigars.  My first cigar was given to me when my unit was staging in kuwait to go into iraq.  needless to say, it was horrible.  I'm enjoying exploring good cigars.  I saw a thread about cigar trading and another about what people are drinking.  I thought I'd propose a beer trade.  So many good breweries don't have wide distribution.  Personally, I'd like to get some yueng ling.  I'm in Arizona.  We have two pretty good breweries, Nimbus and Four Peaks.  If anyone is interestedin trading beer, with me or anyone else, please post.  Also, if there's anything illegal about this please let me know and I'll remove the post.  Thanks!

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im not sure if you can remove the post....

im fairly sure the USPS doesnt want you shipping beer.
    ....dont know about UPS or FedEx.

...and if theyd check or not is a completely different question.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I live next to a BevMo, which is the mecca of alcohol. There are a few homebrewers on here such as myself so "occasionally" there is some brew going through the mail here. But all in all cigars are the word of the day, there is no shortage of those flying around here. Welcome to the board! Once you get a few posts under your belt, join in the trades, passes and bombs section, looking forward to it!
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Jet, does the bevmo there have Yuengling? It isn't available down here, but I'm fairly sure I've seen it in California. I think the closest state to me with a distributor is Alabama.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I wouldn't see why Fed Ex would have a problem with it. I've ordered wine online and had it shipped to me through them before. Not really much difference.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    Jet, does the bevmo there have Yuengling? It isn't available down here, but I'm fairly sure I've seen it in California. I think the closest state to me with a distributor is Alabama.

Nah man, Yuengling is strictly a east coast thing, the farthest west they come is 'bama. Though my folks live in MD...
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Scrambler:

Nah man, Yuengling is strictly a east coast thing, the farthest west they come is 'bama. Though my folks live in MD...
    Yea I have no idea why they don't leave the East Coast. Even so, now that Bud is owned by InBev, Yuengling is the second largest American owned brewer. Behind, of course, Samuel Adams, brewer and patriot.
  • I just got excited when someone wrote that they were drinking yuengling. Can't get it in arizona so I figured I'd see if there was interest. I've been homebrewing for a year and a half and I've found lots of clone recipes, but I don't have the equipment to make a lager.
    Jetmech_63:
    I know I've lived somewhere that Yuengling was readily available, must have been DC/MD/NOVA. Figured if anyone in Cali had it, it would be BevMo.

As to the legality, my understanding is that only licensed retailers/distributors can ship alcohol. This is from the fedex website: "Only properly licensed wholesalers, licensed dealers, licensed distributors, licensed manufacturers or licensed importers may ship wine via FedEx services. Consumers may not ship wine or alcohol of any type via FedEx services."

I know some homebrewers ship by declaring the contents are "active yeast cultures in glass".
    All that aside, I'd be interested in trading some Yuengling for some Abita. Could even do a variety, like 2 each of Yuengling Lager, Porter, and Black & Tan for 2 each Abita Amber, Turbodog, and Seasonal. If you like dark beer, this years Abita Christmas can still be found.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    we've got yeungling coming out the ying yang here in PA. I guess I'd better not ship any as I'm trying to avoid any more federal charges for the rest of my life. Come visit us, though. I've been meaning to take a day trip to the brewery. Here, the beer flows like wine.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Jetmech_63:
    Scrambler:

It's readily available here in west Tennessee, right down to the water's edge, so it's making it as far west as the east bank of the Mississippi, at least.
  • ***, I can't get Yuengling and I live in Ohio.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i work with you and i can get it.

just ask.