Home General Discussion

5 Vegas Gold and 5 Vegas Classic

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on these two smokes. I know I've heard lots of good things about one of them but can't remember which one it is and exactly what everyones take on these cigars are.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think both are pretty good. Dollar for dollar, you'd be hard pressed to find a more reliable cigar. The Gold is a mild cigar, tasty though for a mild one. The Classic is more medium bodied and is also very tasty. They're like $3 a stick, I'd suggest you grab a couple of each and give them a test drive.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Actually I found a deal where I can get 8 of each for $25... I think I'm gonna jump on that one!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Yeah, the Double Nickle sampler...very good deal, I'd jump on it myself but I'm not buying cigars for a while.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Yeah, the Double Nickle sampler...very good deal, I'd jump on it myself but I'm not buying cigars for a while.

Ditto, i just wone some lots on c-bid and the wife is going to be P!SSED when she sees this latest round :)
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I myself don't like the golds very much. But the classics, thats a different story. This one is a regular for me.
    I find the classic a very reliable smoke and one that I can always depend on.

I've given the gold many different tries...different sizes, some with humi time and some fresh from the box. But the flavor profile is just not my cup of tea. Thats my $0.02
    I'm going to have to add that one to my order I guess... I'm already getting 4 Graycliff 1666's, 4 Padilla Obsidian's, 4 5 Vegas Series A, 2 ITC 10th's, 2 Man o Wars, 2 RP Fusion MM's, 2 Gurkha Park Ave's, and 2 Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinets.... I guess 8 of the Gold and 8 of the Classic will be a nice way to round out my Christmas order to myself! haha
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    personally i think the gold are too mild. I have no problem with the taste, there is just to little of it.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'm with kuz. I like the Gold, but it is really, really mild. I don't want something that mild just terribly often. The Classic, though. That's good stuff. Excellent, in fact. Probably can't be beaten for the money.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I'm with kuz. I like the Gold, but it is really, really mild. I don't want something that mild just terribly often. The Classic, though. That's good stuff. Excellent, in fact. Probably can't be beaten for the money.
    And three is a crowd.. I am not to fond of the Gold, only because it is soooo mild. The Classic, is great. every time I order cigars I throw a 5 pack in if the dealer has them in stock..
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    I love both the gold and the red. I like the gold nuggets for a quick smoke. Cant beat the red for flavor vs cost. I would jump on that one day deal but im fully stocked.
    Well I jumped on it plus the other samplers I was looking at so I've got 38 new smokes coming plus the 10 I got at Xmas from my brother and his wife and the few I've picked up at my local B&M lately so that is going to get the humi pretty stocked up... It's a good day! haha
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    The gold is ok, but the Classic has become my favorite smoke as of late.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    I throw a 5 pack in if the dealer has them in stock..
    Dealer, haha ... you addict.
  • cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    I really like the classic...I make sure to always have these on hand. I started out with the Gold's...but have graduated to more flavorful cigars. The Golds are great to hand out to my buddies who rarely smoke, but want to be cool...like me!
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    If anybody is sitting on a pile of extra Golds (particularly the double nickels) let me know... I love (LOVE) this cigar... These are great to smoke with company, and there are times when I'm not looking to get any body whatsoever from a cigar... and these still deliver in the taste department. It's one of my absolute favorites.
    Check your PMs.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    These are both great sticks to have around for visitors who are relatively inexperienced. Decent flavor but nothing that will turn a noob green. Just found a bunch more in the bottom of one of the humis today while rearranging stuff.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Responded, Puro -- apologies for my weak inventory, but the good news is the B&M can back me up nicely :)