Home Ratings & Reviews

Cusano 18 Paired Maduro

I have recently been given one of these sticks by Justin AKA These Filthy Hands as part of my Secret Sana Package(thanks again Justin) While I have read some good things about these when I looked I could not find any reviews from the BOTL here.
Can anyone help me out here with this one? I am hoping to sacrfice this stick (a Churchill) to the gods this afternoon if all goes according to plan.

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Good stick. On the milder, sweeter, chocolaty side of a maduro. I'd say mild-medium in body. Pretty flavorful smoke.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    madurofan:
    Good stick. On the milder, sweeter, chocolaty side of a maduro. I'd say mild-medium in body. Pretty flavorful smoke.

Ewwwwww, that's sounds tasty. Thanks Maddy.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I got had my first one of those in a PIF, really good cigar, smooth, mild and it does have a nice sweetness that lingers all over your tougue. Closest thing i can put it to would be an onyx.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Jetmech_63:
    I got had my first one of those in a PIF, really good cigar, smooth, mild and it does have a nice sweetness that lingers all over your tougue. Closest thing i can put it to would be an onyx.

Thanks for that Jetmech,this is my afternoon smoke for sure.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    madurofan:

Ewwwwww, that's sounds tasty. Thanks Maddy.
    LOL reminds me of a funny story. Was in the B&M chatting with an employee(we'll call him Mike) and another customer(Will) and another employee was standing not to far away(Joe). This girl walks in and Mike says 'Can I help you?', To which she says 'I'm looking for something light and girly'. Will immediately yells 'Joe, there's a customer asking for you!'. LMAO, I choked on my diet coke.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't a huge fan of the natural, but I have yet to have a maduro. Though I have 2 in the humi.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Classic, maddy.

I reported on this cigar in the Whatcha Smokin Tonight thread, not too long ago, doogie. I wouldn't call it a review, though. I liked it. Better than the Dbl. Connecticut, I think.

The comparison to the Onyx is interesting. To me, they're pretty dissimilar. The Onyx is an unusual maduro, IME, in that it has little sweetness. It's very, very savory, instead. Like Worcestershire Sauce.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    urbino:
    Classic, maddy.

I reported on this cigar in the Whatcha Smokin Tonight thread, not too long ago, doogie. I wouldn't call it a review, though. I liked it. Better than the Dbl. Connecticut, I think.

The comparison to the Onyx is interesting. To me, they're pretty dissimilar. The Onyx is an unusual maduro, IME, in that it has little sweetness. It's very, very savory, instead. Like Worcestershire Sauce.
    Hmm, interesting. I very much like both the paired maduro and the onyx, and I wasn't sure about the comparisson either. Although I couldn't put my finger on what I would say was different. Savory, maybe that's it...maybe more dissimliar than similar, but both are very good.
    Yes, I like them both, too. They're just different, IME.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:

Sorry guys, i was referring to the sweetness level, not the taste. I think they taste much diffrent, especially in the aftertaste, Onyx has that nice soft mellow cedar thing going on. Just sweetness, just my opinion :).
    Yeah, that's actually what I was disagreeing with, Jet. :) The Onyx doesn't taste sweet to me. It tastes savory.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've never had the 18 but the Onyx is one of my favorite smokes. I would agree that it isn't as sweet as some maduros, but it has great flavors and if you get 6 + months on them they are VERY smooth. I think I'm down to 1 or 2 left in my humi so I'm going to have to re-stock soon!