Home Ratings & Reviews

Viaje Oro Reserva Edicion Limitada

Viaje VOR #5 2011

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Prelight:

Wrapper is silky smooth with small veins wrapper is a reddish chocolate brown smells of black pepper with a floral sweetness. Draw is perfect with an almost pipe tobacco flavor with a spice ( cinnamon nutmeg)

First Third:

First inch of white pepper. A leather scent in the retrohale. A smell of a woodsy campfire from the smoke. Starting to develop a finish of coco but very short. No heaviness but a lot of pepper in the nose. Surprised at the nose burn but aftertaste is light on the palette. after first five hits the cigar takes off oak wood and red peppercorns come to the show. Flavors of fruity  Merlot with a woody finish. The finish is so clean. It comes on and then disappears. Some almond nut flavors come and go.

Second third:

Cigar is now a medium and the finish becomes longer. Able to retrohale 100%. The Corojo comes through with the twang. Leather returns as an oily leather. An incense begins to develop at the half way point, almost a frankincense. Red peppercorn returns. No heaviness in the mouth associated with almost any other cigar.

Final third:

Creamy oily velvety mouth feel. Still experiencing leather, red peppercorn, and oak. Frankincense, merlot fruit, and almond nut is gone. Then all of them return again making my mouth water.

Final thoughts:

I couldn't sink any lower into my chair. Relaxed and buzzing reminding me of my college days. Why this cigar made CA #2 is evident. Yes this of one of the few cigars that exhibit such complexity and refinement. It is the holy grail of cigars. If you don't believe it buy it and smoke one. If you still don't believe it quit smoking cigars.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 new releases this week and my job went in the toilet. These go so fast I might never have a chance to try these. Your review makes me want to sell a kidney for one. I smoked the WLP 50/50 Red this week and it was amazing. I hope I can find a few of these in trade later this year. Awesome review. Well written.

Edit: I do believe a incredible BOTL here picked up one of each of the new releases for me. I will post a pic and some praise when they arrive.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    can't wait for you VPR review I was disappointed with it but maybe I just didn't get it.
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Posts: 367
    I am sorry to hear about the job stituation. I hope all the best for you. Glad to hear some are coming your way, a small silver lining.
    wwestern:
    can't wait for you VPR review I was disappointed with it but maybe I just didn't get it.

I will post it as my next review. Maybe your experiance will temper mine so the next experiance wont be influenced with all of my excitement of getting these.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Got a few of these lined up when they come in to my B&M. Now I just gotta figure out how to pay for all these new releases. Great review btw.
    I invite those to post their experiances. Follow up on this thread and let me know your experiances.
    BlueRings:
    wwestern:

I will post it as my next review. Maybe your experiance will temper mine so the next experiance wont be influenced with all of my excitement of getting these.
    It was just very one note for me. Good but no complexity. Kind of put me off viaje a bit to be honest. You put that much work into getting these LE special realease crap you expect alot lol. Had a very aged tobacco taste that made me think back to the camacho PE I had.
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    nice review, i just got mine in the mail yesterday, i think im gonna let it rest until my vegas trip in august
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Gotta love any cigar that is so limited it needs 3 bands lmao.
    Editorial

One thing I noticed last night was how a cigar made me feel. It was a personal experience. It comes with an effort, story, timing, environment, state of mind, health, past and present experiences, attitude, facts and misconceptions, Influence, desire, and want. Here is a moment in time inside my head.

Effort: Second year after looking high and low looking for a trade of some sort. Really I can’t remember a time I invested so much effort into something unless it was to bang some chick. I remember reading about these on some top 25 Commie Pinko Rag. Never heard of this guy Andre Farkas or Viaje must be something special or overrated. Probably overrated knowing the top 25 list. I read everything I can about them; I search the internet for any information. Boutique cigars seriously? Everything is boutique. Came across a website where I buy cigars from time to time they have them but sold out, figures. Got friendly with the owner, got my name on the list, looking forward to buying a box someday. I get an email from my new friend and I’m given the heads up but they are so limited I can only buy 3 at a time and only at a certain time. Day before they arrive at his store I set up my account online, make sure I have the credit card information correct, and do a few dry runs to become familiar with the process. Thankful for that email now it takes skill and internet connection, got to make sure I check my watch and Refresh, Refresh, Refresh 15 sec prior to opening of the bell. There they are!!!!! Buy, Buy, Buy. I hope I get some. Confirmation email arrives, woohoo ,should be here by Saturday. Dam USPS now Monday oh well at least it will get here after all this effort. Monday comes excited waiting for five o’clock can’t wait any longer leave at 4:30pm. Box is waiting at the door. Open them up and there they are a bit warm but packaged nicely. I want to smoke one now but hold off one more day so I can bring down the temp and acclimate them their new home. Tuesday is here, work, work, work, rush home, eat dinner, we will snuggle later Hun, out the door to the smoke room.

Story: This cigar takes me back to the first time I purchase an Opus X for the first time. How I held it as dear, special, almost magical thing. Yes,!!! I have one and few do. It is like nailing the hottest chick that everyone is after. Your friends are so jealous and your enemies plot your demise. .

Timing: As always perfect right after dinner but before nightfall. .

Environment: Looks like rain is going to miss us again all though its humid and sticky. TV is tuned to TOSH.0 for a good laugh, chair is comfy. Turned the fan on low to stir the air a bit and cool things down. .

State of Mind: Hyped, excited, no worries, good day at work; wife is a little concerned with my daily cigar consumption. .

Health: Feel good, full from dinner, no sinus problems or lingering colds, overall looking and feeling good. Got to lose a few pounds though. .

Past and present experiences: This is a corojo wrapper probably taste like all other corojos. Perfectos closed at both ends don’t burn well. I hope I didn’t buy an over hyped dog ****. More than one band??? Is this a billboard or a cigar?

Attitude: Positive, I want to enjoy this cigar. Hope this isn’t me just wanting to like, but actually like. Are you ready for the negative comments? People like to hate, even you, so get over it. .

Facts: Viaje VOR 2011, check. Sky is cloudy, check. It is hot and humid, check. My wife is pissed at me, check. I don’t care, double check, but still worry at times. My Farts stink .

Misconceptions: Farkas or Fakas. Andy or Andre, My farts don’t stink. Still have a great looking body. This isn’t a cigar it’s a lifestyle. .

Influence: Hype more hype, holy grail, life changer, angels will sing, I paid good money for this thing and invested a lot of time and effort it must be good. .

Desire: To be the best dam cigar I have ever smoke for the amount of effort I put into this thing. Holy Grail, Angels singing, life changer, and my farts not to stink. .

Want: It has to be great cigar.

Overall: I feel satisfied, enough said.

BlueRings:
    Editorial

One thing I noticed last night was how a cigar made me feel. It was a personal experience. It comes with an effort, story, timing, environment, state of mind, health, past and present experiences, attitude, facts and misconceptions, Influence, desire, and want. Here is a moment in time inside my head.

Effort: Second year after looking high and low looking for a trade of some sort. Really I can’t remember a time I invested so much effort into something unless it was to bang some chick. I remember reading about these on some top 25 Commie Pinko Rag. Never heard of this guy Andre Farkas or Viaje must be something special or overrated. Probably overrated knowing the top 25 list. I read everything I can about them; I search the internet for any information. Boutique cigars seriously? Everything is boutique. Came across a website where I buy cigars from time to time they have them but sold out, figures. Got friendly with the owner, got my name on the list, looking forward to buying a box someday. I get an email from my new friend and I’m given the heads up but they are so limited I can only buy 3 at a time and only at a certain time. Day before they arrive at his store I set up my account online, make sure I have the credit card information correct, and do a few dry runs to become familiar with the process. Thankful for that email now it takes skill and internet connection, got to make sure I check my watch and Refresh, Refresh, Refresh 15 sec prior to opening of the bell. There they are!!!!! Buy, Buy, Buy. I hope I get some. Confirmation email arrives, woohoo ,should be here by Saturday. Dam USPS now Monday oh well at least it will get here after all this effort. Monday comes excited waiting for five o’clock can’t wait any longer leave at 4:30pm. Box is waiting at the door. Open them up and there they are a bit warm but packaged nicely. I want to smoke one now but hold off one more day so I can bring down the temp and acclimate them their new home. Tuesday is here, work, work, work, rush home, eat dinner, we will snuggle later Hun, out the door to the smoke room.

Story: This cigar takes me back to the first time I purchase an Opus X for the first time. How I held it as dear, special, almost magical thing. Yes,!!! I have one and few do. It is like nailing the hottest chick that everyone is after. Your friends are so jealous and your enemies plot your demise. .

Environment: Looks like rain is going to miss us again all though its humid and sticky. TV is tuned to TOSH.0 for a good laugh, chair is comfy. Turned the fan on low to stir the air a bit and cool things down. .

State of Mind: Hyped, excited, no worries, good day at work; wife is a little concerned with my daily cigar consumption. .

Health: Feel good, full from dinner, no sinus problems or lingering colds, overall looking and feeling good. Got to lose a few pounds though. .

Past and present experiences: This is a corojo wrapper probably taste like all other corojos. Perfectos closed at both ends don’t burn well. I hope I didn’t buy an over hyped dog ****. More than one band??? Is this a billboard or a cigar?

Attitude: Positive, I want to enjoy this cigar. Hope this isn’t me just wanting to like, but actually like. Are you ready for the negative comments? People like to hate, even you, so get over it. .

Facts: Viaje VOR 2011, check. Sky is cloudy, check. It is hot and humid, check. My wife is pissed at me, check. I don’t care, double check, but still worry at times. My Farts stink .

Misconceptions: Farkas or Fakas. Andy or Andre, My farts don’t stink. Still have a great looking body. This isn’t a cigar it’s a lifestyle. .

Influence: Hype more hype, holy grail, life changer, angels will sing, I paid good money for this thing and invested a lot of time and effort it must be good. .

Desire: To be the best dam cigar I have ever smoke for the amount of effort I put into this thing. Holy Grail, Angels singing, life changer, and my farts not to stink. .

Want: It has to be great cigar.

Overall: I feel satisfied, enough said.

Excellent pre-review review bro ;p