Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Gran Habano Vintage 2002.....wow!

KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
So a while back I asked the question "if you only had $2.00" - what would you buy.
Got several suggestions, and some of the pros here recommended this stick.
Searching the threads revealed that many liked it a lot.
I got some, and they have been sitting for 5 weeks....not that long I know....but I was wanting to try one.

wow!!
This is the best $2.00 cigar I have had to date (I've tried 9 or 10 in this price range in the last 6 months - not a huge sample, but still...)

It is much better (IMHO) than several sticks I've smoked that cost $1 or even $2 more (some RPs, and PDRs to name a few)

It is so good, that this stick will solely be responsible for me seeking a second mid-sized humi (75ct) just so I can store 40 to 60 of these babies! (no coolidor yet.......)
I have found my budget "go-to" stick.
Any fellow noobs looking for a good "daily" - I highly recommend it.

Comments

• Options
    MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    Agreed. This cigar is pretty awesome. One of the best bangs for your buck sticks IMO. I thought you've smoked these before, however. I believe you passed these out to friends/family? Hmm...perhaps I was mistaken. Anyway, glad you found yourself enjoying these!
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    MonteWhite:
    Agreed. This cigar is pretty awesome. One of the best bangs for your buck sticks IMO. I thought you've smoked these before, however. I believe you passed these out to friends/family? Hmm...perhaps I was mistaken. Anyway, glad you found yourself enjoying these!
    nope - must have been someone else................these I'd feel real good about sharing - probably too good for my drunkass brother-inlaw - I still have a few dog sticks that he'll have to smoke before he get's one of these!!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my go to sticks that never let me down...decided to try buy a mazo a few months back without trying one first...but it was a great buy, these will stay in the humi!. Sweet stick for a sweet price.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I've only had a couple of these so far but I agree completely - you just can't beat them for the price. Hell, I'd still consider them good at 2x or 3x what they cost now. I do wish they had a couple more vitolas in the line. The robusto is perfect for me though, but that damn churchill is a monster!
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I love Gran Habano Cigars and these are an excellent value.

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Good stick. There is an issue with the wrappers (aged 7 years, delicious). Some don't burn correctly. I've had 2 mazos of these sticks and have about 10% failure.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    beatnic:
    Good stick. There is an issue with the wrappers (aged 7 years, delicious). Some don't burn correctly. I've had 2 mazos of these sticks and have about 10% failure.
    Yeah I just dry box them for a day or two before I smoke them.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    So a while back I asked the question "if you only had $2.00" - what would you buy.
    Got several suggestions, and some of the pros here recommended this stick.
    Searching the threads revealed that many liked it a lot.
    I got some, and they have been sitting for 5 weeks....not that long I know....but I was wanting to try one.

wow!!
    This is the best $2.00 cigar I have had to date (I've tried 9 or 10 in this price range in the last 6 months - not a huge sample, but still...)

It is much better (IMHO) than several sticks I've smoked that cost $1 or even $2 more (some RPs, and PDRs to name a few)

It is so good, that this stick will solely be responsible for me seeking a second mid-sized humi (75ct) just so I can store 40 to 60 of these babies! (no coolidor yet.......)
    I have found my budget "go-to" stick.
    Any fellow noobs looking for a good "daily" - I highly recommend it.
    I also like the 1's and the 3's.. Green and black label....the siglos is good too,, Maybe Tim can make a sampler pack for ya..
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Yep, the robusto is a real gem. Most of Gran Habano's sticks are very solid. If you haven't explored their line I would recommend it.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I love the 2002 Robusto and hate the 2002 Churchill, what a waste of tobacco it is. Luckily I think it was just a horrible experiment gone very bad
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Robusto knocked my socks off the first time I smoked one. Love those things and always have some on hand. Best cheap cigar that is not cheap!
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Thats my every day cigar.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Thats my every day cigar.
    Andrew, my last mazzo had a bunch of duds. Knarley spots in the wrapper that just set the cigar burning wrong. How often are these boxed? My first batch was much better. Are you guys sitting on a bunch or do they come in periodically?