Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Tatuaje Fausto 127 IPCPR 2011 Release

Tatuaje Fausto 127

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Preflight: Small veins and seams. Dark brown wrapper reminds me of a ruff leather without much tooth. 5x54 this cigar sports a simple red and black band with Fausto on the top, Esteli opposing, and Tatuaje on either side. The Tatuaje monogram on the backside. A Celtic cross in the center of the band. Flavors of rich tobacco and earth on the initial draw.

First third:

If I told you not to expect pepper and think a syrupy sweetness you would think this isn't a Tatuaje product. A sweetness that doesn't leave with a merlot woody flavor. Then without disappointment pepper burns the nostrils. It isn't in the throat but most so in the nose. It is very smooth.  

Second third:

Earthiness in the nose with oak flavors on the palette. Also some cocoa. A familiar maltiness on the tongue. The flavors are well established and distinctive.

Last Third:

Cedar comes in with a leather note. Finish is long and continually changes. Oak, sweet, malt, and cocoa. The last third hits all senses taste, scent, mouth feel, and complexity. Some floral notes on the finish. The mouth feel is syrupy and not too heavy. A roasted marshmallow note rounds out the final third.

Final thoughts:

Pete nailed this one. One of my favorite Tatuajes to date. This blend was well thought out. A medium full body and such complexity. I am in love with this one.  Totally box worthy and no need to age although it could only get better with time.

Comments

• Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    It really sounds like a great cigar. Great review it peaked my interest.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Been eyeing this, but since it will be a regular production, I'm waiting...
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Nice review. Been waiting for these and it sounds like something I'll love. Thanks!
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Love the old Dunhill Exclusive style bands on these. Looking forward to trying them.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have a couple of these that pete gave me while in nicaragua. need to smoke it soon.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Wow, nice Kuzi!

I love the review, I hope I like these as well. I need to buy a box. It's on the list, thankfully these aren't limited. I only had one of the T110's and liked it.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    To sidetrack this for a second.. Do Pheebs squirrels slow down anyone elses scrool on their computer ? I always know when he has posted in a thread because my computer gets constipated.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    So here's a question...has anyone done a head to head comparison between the Fausto and T110 to see if the blends truly taste the same? Far be it for me to doubt Pete if he says the blend is the same, but at the same time I wonder how alike the two are and where they may differ.