Home Ratings & Reviews

Cain Daytona 5x43 #4

Just tried a Cain Daytona 5x43 #4. (Thanks again bandy) This is my first mini review and I still have a long way to go in developing my pallate. First third was spice and barnyard, kind of like hay. Spice remained on the back of the aftertaste. (Ligero leaves causing this?) Mellows out in the second and last third but still Nice consistent flavor throughout. No burn issues. I normally do not smoke the smaller ring gauges but I must say it was a pleasant experience. (May have to try more cigars in a smaller ring gauge.). I would definitely try this cigar again.

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, for the review, I am interested in this one, as I havent tried it yet but have a few resting...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I think this is a great size for this blend, it really works. Todd must love them too, he only has about 50 or so boxes. @granneja: the spice you were getting and attributed to Ligero is probably spot on, this is an all Ligero filler cigar though the overall smoothness might lead you to believe otherwise, I was surprised when I saw that myself.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    The only size in this line that does it for me is this size... however, I LOVE this cigar in this size. There is a specific nutty flavor, along with a kind of charred oak note in there. Man. Also, the strength has a balance that the other Cain cigars don't have, which is really nice. The body, strength, and flavor all work in congruence in such a way that makes for a great experience.