Home Ratings & Reviews

Tatuaje La Casita Criolla HCBF 2011 IPCPR

La Casita Criolla HCBF

Preflight:

Band is a reddish chocolate brown with a picture of a curing barn, La Casita Criolla, and Tatuaje Cigars Esteli with the Tatuaje Monogram. 6.5x48 Dark brown, firm, but balanced. Sweet Tobacco draw almost floral smell on the wrapper.

First third:

Syrupy sweetness with a rose scent on the retrohale smooth and very uncommon to Tatuaje. Pepper in the nose shows up.  This has been twice now that I have been lead down another path with Tatuaje's newest cigars. The cigar is sticky without being overtly sweet. Very oily on the lips and in the mouth. Very floral with some leather. The finish is everlasting. The tobacco reminds me of cigars forgotten from long ago.

Second third:

The burn is perfect. The draw is firm but not unmanageable. Lots of smoke from each draw. The ash seems to hold on that I have to knock it off. Flavorful this cigar is. It doesn't change much but makes it known what it is with each draw. Leather, Floral, and sweetness. Some chicory flavors on the finish. It is strong in flavor.

Final third:

The nicotine build up is starting to show. No bitterness but you taste the Tobacco. The smoke in the mouth and nostrils is thick and chewy. This reminds me of a bit of the T-52 but much better.

Final thoughts:

It is a great cigar. Not complex but knows what it is and makes no excuses. It is much the change to the status quo. It is heavy and full. It is not an everyday cigar but as a break from the ho hum  it is very nice.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos