Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Blue Label, B2 Goat Rocket

I just smoked a churchill in an hour! I never thought I might have a chance at hyperventilating while smoking a cigar!! I guess that's nothing more than an expression since you're not inhaling the smoke but I had to drag at this thing at such a rate that it went from 7 inches to 2 inches in exactly 60 minutes! ...and that includes the fact that it went out three times!

Anybody else had a better experience with the Blue Label line?

"Hailing from the hallowed halls where Gran Habano and Blue Label - among others - call home, B2 is a gem that’s ripe for the taking." (CI.com)

That's a pretty cushy description of a goat farm! I've read that people say (on this forum) that Gran Habano is one of the most underrated makers in the cigar industry but I'm not convinced. I had to touch this stick up after every two or three puffs and although it had decent flavor I just couldn't get past the smoking performance - or lack thereof.

Looking for feedback!? Did I get a dud??

JDE

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    At a dollar a cigar or whatever, you usually get what you pay for.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I think the regular blue label is pretty good(for the price), but I haven't had a chance To try the b2.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    The Blue Label is an ok smoke, doesnt come close to any of the GH, IMO. Havent had the b2 and dont think I ever will, or would want to. Let me put it another way..I think I got 10 Regular Blue Labels bout 5 years ago and I still have some ........in a bag. They got kicked out of the humidor couple years ago. I'll try one toomorrow... maybe...Just to see whats become of them.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I like the Blue Label. Never had the B2, and don't think I will, concidering how cheap you can get the reg BL for...

the BL is a good med body stick IMO, and interesting enough for me to keep on deck regularly. It's not as good as the GHV2002 to me, and it's the same price... but I think it's still a solid cigar for $2.

just keep in mind that your smoking a $1 cigar... so even if it's only 1/5 as good as a $5 cigar (which is still relatively cheap) you're still getting your money's worth.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    I smoked a Gran Habano 3 SLS about a month ago and really enjoyed it. I was surprised that it was a $5 stick. GH isn't bad altogether but the Blue Label sure didn't impress!

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    BL=Yard Gar at best, I had a GH corojo robusto the other day and it was a flavor bomb..
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    I have smoked the B2 in the robusto and double toro and each time it has been a pretty decent smoke. I think maybe the B2 churchill might have the same issues as the GH 2002 does in that size
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I have not smoked the B2 but the regular Blue Label is solid in my book...all of mine have been good to go.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    dowjr1:
    I have not smoked the B2 but the regular Blue Label is solid in my book...all of mine have been good to go.
    +1. Ive only even had the Blue Label in the Churchill, but they were good sticks. Opus X? Not quite, but an enjoyable smoke nonetheless.