Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Which samplers?

I'm new to cigars and just ordered the "Untouchable Ten" sampler. I'm curious as to what you guys think about the different samplers cigar.com offer. Any ideas on what I should order next?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    welcome

well being new and not knowing what you like, its kinda all trial and error.
    personaly when i was getting started i picked up a sampler (dont remember which one) that had cigars from a few different brands.

i ended up not likeing half of them but part of figuring out what you do like is knowing what you dont

there are great samplers in all of the price ranges. just pull the trigger on one that fits your budget.

good luck
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Just buy something from the daily deal each day for seven days and then get a bigger humi. Problem solved, we are here to help. LOL
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Just buy something from the daily deal each day for seven days and then get a bigger humi. Problem solved, we are here to help. LOL
    ...or, spend a week at Gypsy's house and he will lead you down the right path.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The House Blend Sampler will give you a good, clear variety of smokes. The best of 2010 Sampler will make you want to spend much more money on cigars.
  • Options
    Being new myself, I didn't really know where to start either. I had tried a few smokes in the past, so I had a couple of brands that I thought I liked. Here's a few of the samplers that I picked up:
    Super Premium 6
    Acid Sampler II
    Honduran Sampler, Medium
    Nicaraguan Sampler II
    Box-Pressed Blender
    Awards Montage
    I figure this will give me a decent variety so I can try a little of everything. I also lurked on the forums for a while and picked up a couple of "cheaper" cigars that people here really seemed to like.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    I started out with the house blend sampler a year ago. It gave me an idea on what types of wrappers and fillers I might like. I actually just got another house blend sampler a couple of weeks ago in the corona size to try them again. The AJF All Star Corona Sampler is another good one. I got another one of those a few weeks back as well. If you end up with extra's out of a sampler you don't like you can always put them up for trade for ones you do end up liking.

Rob
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    meking87:
    I'm new to cigars and just ordered the "Untouchable Ten" sampler. I'm curious as to what you guys think about the different samplers cigar.com offer. Any ideas on what I should order next? Thanks
    I like these samplers
    Padilla's Collected Works Sampler
    Best of Nicaragua Sampler II
    Diesel High Octane Sampler (maybe wait a month or three on this one)

• Options
    Thanks for all the help. I'll refer back to this thread for my next purchase.

I've got another question for you guys.
    What's an inexpensive, respectable cigar I can give out to guests? I don't want to be cheap, but I'm a college student and can't afford to pass out a handfull of 8 dollar cigars. I need something from 3 to 5 dollars that people will enjoy.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    +1
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    There are many good $2 sticks available. Sticks like Gran Habano V2002
  • Options
    I've come to enjoy the 5 Vegas Classics as well. Not that expensive, but a good smoke.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Gran Habano, 5 Vegas classic, try AJ Fenandez fresh rolled, house blends. Lots of good 2 - 3 $ cigars out there right now. Buyers market.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    Y'know, that's a brilliant solution! I was puzzling over which samplers are best/most diversified/best deal etc., but I don't think you can beat that.
    And, welcome!:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Recommend the Dirty dozen II sampler as well.
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    meking87:
    I'm new to cigars and just ordered the "Untouchable Ten" sampler. I'm curious as to what you guys think about the different samplers cigar.com offer. Any ideas on what I should order next? Thanks
    Hands down: Super Premium Six Dbl Stack Sampler but tack it on to a DOD so you get the free shipping!
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    meking87:
    Thanks for all the help. I'll refer back to this thread for my next purchase. I've got another question for you guys. What's an inexpensive, respectable cigar I can give out to guests? I don't want to be cheap, but I'm a college student and can't afford to pass out a handfull of 8 dollar cigars. I need something from 3 to 5 dollars that people will enjoy.
    Easy one: Est. 1844
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I recommend the 90+ Rated sampler. My fiance bought me two of those for Christmas as I had just received my first humi. Great variety of smokes, you won't be dissapointed.
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    fla-gypsy:
    +1
    I think thats what he told me too.. LOL
  • Options
    With the sprint sale I have seen house blends go for $30 so $.150 per stick. I would buy the house blend sampler or better order 2 and call in. Ask if one can be robust and the other the corona. Then once you worked out your favs, buy a couple boxes on the sprintsale. I also like the AJ dirty dozenII