Home General Discussion

Trying to ID a cigar...

Okay, so I saw this cigar a while ago, I think it was either on CCOM or CI... it came in a couple different varieties, all of which were tubed perfectos... I know there was a yellow, red, green and blue tube, and possibly others as well.

Can anyone tell me which brand this is? It's driving me nuts because I meant to try it but never added it to my list of faves to remind myself.

Comments

• Bsneed51Bsneed51 Posts: 22
    I believe these are La Aurora Preferidos.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    That would be the ones
    Sapphire - Connecticut , Gold - Natural, Platinum - Cameroon, Emerald - Sumatra, and Red - Maduro
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Bsneed51:
    ashmaster:
    That would be the ones
    Sapphire - Connecticut , Gold - Natural, Platinum - Cameroon, Emerald - Sumatra, and Red - Maduro
    if those were them youd remember the price. ...expensive.

but worth it.
  • kuzi16:
    Bsneed51:
    ashmaster:
    That would be the ones
    if those were them youd remember the price. ...expensive.

but worth it.

Thanks for the ID bsneed... I combed the brand list over a couple times but for some reason La Aurora didn't even register as a possibility.

I'm a sucker for perfectos, and slightly less so for tubos, so the two together make my brain go ZOMG! That said, I'm willing to give 'em a try at least once.

P.S. Speaking of, I'm guessing keeping a cigar like that in the tube in a humidor would be bad, what with rust and all?
    i keep em in the humidor in the tube. Aluminum doesnt rust.
  • Bsneed51Bsneed51 Posts: 22
    If you are a sucker for a perfecto, and you want a good cigar at a good price, then I would like to recommend that you try the Oliva Serie O perfecto. The Serie O is my personal favorite Oliva cigar, and the perfectos cost around $5.50 to $6.00 I think.
    you can also call up cigar.com and say "hey guys, im looking for perfectos. can we kinda make an impromptu sampler?" they will hook you up.