Home Non Cigar Related

Skyrim Anyone?

Comments

• MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Marker:
    Just started blacksmithing last night. Where is a good place to get a lot of leather?
    Deer and elk. They're everywhere on the game.

Bears Sabrecats give more
    And they don't run from your ass.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    stephen_hannibal:
    xmacro:
    Got myself a full Dragonscale set, with Daedra sword; sooo much better than the Nightengale armor, even though I can't sneak as well (working on that via enchantments though). Not sure what to do now - I'm the Listener, Harbinger, and working on Guildmaster for Thieves guild; thinking of restarting the main quest, but not before I finish the Hircine stuff and get Aela to marry me (free gold factory FTW!); you can get her to marry you after you finish Companion quests, but there's a bug that she may not give you Hircine stuff if you marry her before you get them.
    Whoa whoa whoa what stuff? The totems? Or something else?

(Sidenote: did everyone marry Aela?)
    First: Yes, yes I did marry Aela, as any sane man would :)

Second, there's a bug that sometimes if you marry Aela before doing all the totems quests, she may not give them to you and instead only give extermination quests; I only heard about it on a wiki that hasn't been updated since the game was released, so it may not affect you
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Marker:
    Just started blacksmithing last night. Where is a good place to get a lot of leather?
    Deer and elk. They're everywhere on the game.

Bears Sabrecats give more
    I found it easier just to buy it from the blacksmith or whoever. if you work with enchanting too you can get some easy coin from them as well. if you find a dagger or get a book with a banish spell it gives you serious coin if you enchant a dagger (daggers are the easiest to make) but anything will work. too much of a pain to hunt for things then lug it back.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Well I bought my first xbox on black friday and have started oblivion which is awesome so far. Hopefully skyrim will be just as cool as I hear it is.
    Goldy:
    Well I bought my first xbox on black friday and have started oblivion which is awesome so far. Hopefully skyrim will be just as cool as I hear it is.
    never had the pleasure of that one, skyrim is hella cool though. I've logged over 150 hours on it and have a ton more stuff to do.
    Question for you guys: I racked up a bounty on the Dark Brotherhood quest as the Gourmet (no spoilers for those who haven't played); I'd pay it off, but I have so much stolen stuff that it was just easier to avoid Solitude. But lately, I had to complete some Thieves Guild quests in Solitude, the guards were interfering, so I did what any Dragonborn would, and just wiped out every guard in the city.

Now, two questions: 1) Will they regenerate? If so, can I pay off my bounty since the Thieves Guild owns the city without losing my stuff, or do I really need to shed all my stuff to pay it off?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I had the same problem. I just left everything at my house and went to the city in a loin cloth.
    Surrendered and served my jail time.
    Much cheaper to stash than to pay it off.

it doesn't matter. if you stay in jail you'll loose your stolen stuff but just go to the chest "evidence" chest and all of your stuff will be there.
    Nice, thanks guys
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    I had the same problem. I just left everything at my house and went to the city in a loin cloth.

Skill loss would be my last resort
    I just wrecked whatever hell I needed to to finish the Thieves Guild quest and take over Solitude; then I walked up to one of the last remaining guards, turned myself in, and paid the thieves guild rate; they didn't take any of my things. In retrospect, it's easier to just keep killing until all the witnesses are dead
    wwestern:
    stephen_hannibal:

Skill loss would be my last resort
    Dude it's negligible you won't even notice it.

xmacro:
    I just wrecked whatever hell I needed to to finish the Thieves Guild quest and take over Solitude; then I walked up to one of the last remaining guards, turned myself in, and paid the thieves guild rate; they didn't take any of my things. In retrospect, it's easier to just keep killing until all the witnesses are dead
    My thieves guild stuff never even took me to solitude.

phobicsquirrel:
    Where'd you find daedric hearts for the armor? I only have 4 and thats not enough for the whole set and upgrades.

well the campanions in dragonreach there is one that spawns on a plate in the old man's house, I think 4 times. hasn't spawned in a long time but I think I got 4. Some of the quests allow you to find some, daedra drop them when you fight them. Also you can buy them from potion shops sometimes. A wizard at the college of winterhelm sells them. Their around. I have 3 sets of them, one I have to my wife, my set which is enchanted rather well and another that is at my house in solitude which is going to get enchanted when I max out alchemy, just waiting for that.

oh and this goes for armor in general and again not sure if you know this.... if you use a potion to increase smithing, only use it when your using the wheel or the table. not at the forge.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Just got confirmation that my MSI Radeon 6950 2gb for my brand new rig is sitting on my front door. Going to install it and unlock the extra shaders and flash the 6970 bios and give this game another shot.
    stephen_hannibal:
    xmacro:

If you wanna be Guildmaster and get the Guildmaster set, after you get the Skelton Key (no need to return it, it's an unbreakable lockpick after all), you need to do 4 jobs in each of the cities of Solitude, Whiterun, Markarth and Winterhold (ignore Riften jobs; you already own the city) - after the 4th job, Devlin gives you a special job, and after you complete it, the Thieves Guild owns the city, and you can bribe the guards; afterwards, talk to Brnwolf and he makes you the Guildmaster, with a special set of armor
    phobicsquirrel:
    well the campanions in dragonreach there is one that spawns on a plate in the old man's house, I think 4 times. hasn't spawned in a long time but I think I got 4. Some of the quests allow you to find some, daedra drop them when you fight them. Also you can buy them from potion shops sometimes. A wizard at the college of winterhelm sells them. Their around. I have 3 sets of them, one I have to my wife, my set which is enchanted rather well and another that is at my house in solitude which is going to get enchanted when I max out alchemy, just waiting for that.

oh and this goes for armor in general and again not sure if you know this.... if you use a potion to increase smithing, only use it when your using the wheel or the table. not at the forge.
    I didn't know that; been using mine at the forge and the wheel; good to know!!
    stephen_hannibal:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Where'd you find daedric hearts for the armor? I only have 4 and thats not enough for the whole set and upgrades.

In addition to Pheebs' answer (both easy places to buy) Mehrunes Dagon shrine is a sweet place - 2 daedra outside, 2 inside, and they regenerate after awhile. Gabriella also sells 2, but I dunno if she ever gets anymore in (bought both once, I've never seen them again in her seller inventory)
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Just got confirmation that my MSI Radeon 6950 2gb for my brand new rig is sitting on my front door. Going to install it and unlock the extra shaders and flash the 6970 bios and give this game another shot.
    Is a single game really worth upgrading your video card for? If it's Skyrim, then yes.

I've got about 90 hrs on this baby, and still going strong :D Though TBH, at lvl 36, there's not much that I can't kill anymore; normal dragons I can kill with a daedric sword since their breath doesn't hurt much anymore (blood/elder dragons are another story though . . . I run from them) . . . might be time to get back on the main quest again
    xmacro:
    stephen_hannibal:
    xmacro:

If you wanna be Guildmaster and get the Guildmaster set, after you get the Skelton Key (no need to return it, it's an unbreakable lockpick after all), you need to do 4 jobs in each of the cities of Solitude, Whiterun, Markarth and Winterhold (ignore Riften jobs; you already own the city) - after the 4th job, Devlin gives you a special job, and after you complete it, the Thieves Guild owns the city, and you can bribe the guards; afterwards, talk to Brnwolf and he makes you the Guildmaster, with a special set of armor
    Ahhh after I got the key I basically stopped doing their missions. I didn't care anything about the guild I just wanted the key lol.

stephen_hannibal:
    xmacro:
    stephen_hannibal:
    xmacro:

Ahhh after I got the key I basically stopped doing their missions. I didn't care anything about the guild I just wanted the key lol.

Oh yes, I have no intention of returning it to the sepulcher >:)

EDIT - found a quote that aptly describes my (and I'd guess), most peoples character:
    "You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning."

• wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    You can get the unbreakable lock pick perk wouldn't that be the same as the master key?
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    reading these posts Im thinkin I need to get this..Is it better on a pc? compareable to Diablo, Warcraft??(edit )Watched this on Youtube, Sorry I answered my own question. looks pretty cool
    wwestern:
    You can get the unbreakable lock pick perk wouldn't that be the same as the master key?
    Yeah problem is it would take leveling lock pick up to 100... which would take approximately 500k lock picks 30 hours.

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    wwestern:
    Yeah problem is it would take leveling lock pick up to 100... which would take approximately 500k lock picks 30 hours.

I got my lock picking to 75-ish and I've only done 1 or 2 Thieves Guild quests

on that note I lost that Reptile dude I'm supposed to confront, no matter where I go he's shown on my map as being in Solitude yet isn't
    The Kid:
    reading these posts Im thinkin I need to get this..Is it better on a pc? compareable to Diablo, Warcraft??(edit )Watched this on Youtube, Sorry I answered my own question. looks pretty cool
    YUP. plus you can download a *** load of mods to make the game prettier and use more hardware (if your computer has it). For me it's great. I have a friend who has it on xbox and he has to wait a bit when going through doors and traveling and stuff. I like the xbox and all but some games are better on the pc.
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    wwestern:

on that note I lost that Reptile dude I'm supposed to confront, no matter where I go he's shown on my map as being in Solitude yet isn't
    He's in a bar when you first enter the city... or if you've already done that he's in the trading company (sort of).
    If it said follow him and you didn't I couldn't even begin to explain how to get to the bandit hang out in the basement of the trading company.

stephen_hannibal:
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    wwestern:

He's in a bar when you first enter the city... or if you've already done that he's in the trading company (sort of).
    If it said follow him and you didn't I couldn't even begin to explain how to get to the bandit hang out in the basement of the trading company.

no kidding, that was really annoying following him around. one of the most annoying things about the game is when you have to follow people.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    wwestern:

no kidding, that was really annoying following him around. one of the most annoying things about the game is when you have to follow people.
    I got the trading company part and found the hidden cove and he's nowhere to be found
    Hayblet:
    phobicsquirrel:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    wwestern:

I got the trading company part and found the hidden cove and he's nowhere to be found
    Weird? People do disappear on this game though.

Sidenote: did anyone else's skyforge blacksmith guy die? Also the black merc guy in whiterun?
    Those guys are randomly dead on my game.