Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Skyrim Anyone?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    nother problem I have is not being able to go into Markath without getting harassed by the guards 24/7, already did the sinda mine part and they keep trying to arrest me
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Just got confirmation that my MSI Radeon 6950 2gb for my brand new rig is sitting on my front door. Going to install it and unlock the extra shaders and flash the 6970 bios and give this game another shot.
    Is a single game really worth upgrading your video card for? If it's Skyrim, then yes.

Well Actually I built the system friday night since it was time it was time for an overhaul. So I got a 2.8 6 core amd overclocked to 3.24ghz, 8 gigs of ram and the aforementioned card. I have installed skyrim, Dirt3, Darksiders, Tom Clancy HAWX, Crysis 2, Need for speed the run, some F1 racing game, Saints row ther 3rd, Black ops, Counter strike source, left for dead and some others Im forgetting. Rage is also on there.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thats funny you mentioned overclocking as I suspected you may be doing that.. What no Diablo or The Godfather???
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Just got confirmation that my MSI Radeon 6950 2gb for my brand new rig is sitting on my front door. Going to install it and unlock the extra shaders and flash the 6970 bios and give this game another shot.
    Is a single game really worth upgrading your video card for? If it's Skyrim, then yes.

Well Actually I built the system friday night since it was time it was time for an overhaul. So I got a 2.8 6 core amd overclocked to 3.24ghz, 8 gigs of ram and the aforementioned card. I have installed skyrim, Dirt3, Darksiders, Tom Clancy HAWX, Crysis 2, Need for speed the run, some F1 racing game, Saints row ther 3rd, Black ops, Counter strike source, left for dead and some others Im forgetting. Rage is also on there.
    Nice. One thing I do like about AMD is that you don't have to pay as much as Intel charges. I only have a quad 4.1 ghz i7 (overclocked) but there was no way in hell I was going to pay what intel wanted for their six core. Did you get an ssd? I have a pci ssd and I love it. Sort of didn't want the problems with the sata 3 ssd's, well maybe it's an intel board thing. I haven't worked with amd stuff in a while.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Andrew Dzikoski:

Go look up the top 10 mods for Skyrim and install them. They add that extra zing for everything relating from graphics to the the crappy UI. All of you with the PC version should do it.

Glad to see more PC gamers around!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    The Kid:
    Thats funny you mentioned overclocking as I suspected you may be doing that.. What no Diablo or The Godfather???
    The beta is out to the public who got chosen for Diablo as of yesterday.
  • Options
    Yea the whole system was only $750 but I just used some old drives from my last system. Waiting on the SSD to drop in price.
  • Options
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Yea the whole system was only $750 but I just used some old drives from my last system. Waiting on the SSD to drop in price.
    Sell more cigars, buy the SSD.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    got my smithing to 90 holy crap thats a lot of work.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    wwestern:
    got my smithing to 90 holy crap thats a lot of work.
    Ive been collecting ingots and all that stuff and storing them. When I hit lvl 52 I grabbed them all and went from 75 smithy to 95 smithy in like 10 minutes lol.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    Anyone want a copy of Uncharted 3 for the PS3? It is unopened and I am not going to play it. Will trade 4 gars.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    Anyone want a copy of Uncharted 3 for the PS3? It is unopened and I am not going to play it. Will trade 4 gars.
    Id be down but idk if I will get it as a gift or not =.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    Just let me know after the holidays. I know I could sell it on ebay but if someone wants it here I would rather have it stay here.
  • Options
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    yeah that's the real pain. I mean they are really spendy and not a lot of storage. I have a 120 gig one and it's getting filled up. Have about 67 gigs left. Which works and everything but I couldn't have a tone of games installed at once. Nice thing is though, as far as storage and stuff goes, 3tb's are getting really cheap.
  • Options
    Yea I Have the os installed on my 320gb and I have a 1.5tb in there to for all my backed up dvds and music.
  • Options
    Has anyone beat all the main missions yet? I have almost 150 hours and I've done just a handful of the main quests. Been doing a crapload of side quests. And they keep piling on. This game is just so massive.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    What kinda armor is everyone rolling with? Daedra is pretty cool looking, and the best stuff in the game, but it just "feels better" to be wearing dragon armor, and the dragonscale set looks the best to me :/

I got a bunch of daedra hearts by just farming the inside of Mehrunes Dagon's shrine; two inside keep respawning every few days, plus the loot is worth a pretty penny and respawns as well

EDIT: Am I the only one who plays third-person? much better field of view
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Dragon Bone armor with Rohgat.
    And I haven't found Mehrunes Shrine yet but I'm not really in a rush for Daedric Armor.
    And 3rd person unless I'm using a bow.

• Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Guild master chest piece... plus 50 to carry is pretty handy.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    What kinda armor is everyone rolling with? Daedra is pretty cool looking, and the best stuff in the game, but it just "feels better" to be wearing dragon armor, and the dragonscale set looks the best to me :/

I got a bunch of daedra hearts by just farming the inside of Mehrunes Dagon's shrine; two inside keep respawning every few days, plus the loot is worth a pretty penny and respawns as well

I play 3rd now n then currently I use a combo of Nightingale Armor with the Ancient Dark Brotherhood pieces, I use Volsung for it's + to barter and 20 carry and underwater breathing, have a Glass Shield and Mace of Bol something for my weapon, though now n then I duel wield Mehruhes Dagger and Nightingale Dagger
  • Options
    xmacro:

I keep hearing that but they haven't ever for me. I killed the two outside and inside and the only thing that spawned was crap in the urns and chests. makes me mad.