Home Ratings & Reviews

Ashton VSG

TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
I had the sawed off enchantment today - The King of Nub. Anyone care to comment on your favorite size?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've had three different sizes, Illusion, Corona Gorda and robusto. The robusto is my favorite of the three with the corona gorda pulling a close second, I didn't much care for the illusion.
  • StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    My favorite is the torpedo but the robusto is a close second. The wizard and spellbound are also awesome I tend to like the larger ring gauges in the VSG more then the smaller ones anything 50+ ring gauge in the VSG is in my opinion a great smoke.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I have a couple of the wizards and a couple more of the enchantments. I was spellbound... :)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I have a few of the wizards, which I think is like 6x55 or something..
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Stoogee:
    I tend to like the larger ring gauges in the VSG more then the smaller ones anything 50+ ring gauge in the VSG is in my opinion a great smoke.
    I agree with that, the corona gorda is just big enough to give that great VSG profile, the illusion was too skinny to give a respectable showing IMO.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I've had the Illusion and the Belicoso. I prefer the latter.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I've only had the robustos and I freakin loved it! Would like to try a few other sizes but when???? To many new ones to get through before I would make it to other sizes.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    The VSG is one I haven't had yet and I really need to try. Next time I'm in the B&M I'll have to pick up a couple so I can give it a shot.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I've had the enchantment, belicoso, robusto, torpedo, corona gorda, & tres mystique. I think I enjoyed the torpedo the best, but not much more than any of the others. I've smoked more enchantments than anything else.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Ashton seems to be a cigar that doesn't disappoint, for me at least. Though I do think the ESG is overpriced..
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Ashton seems to be a cigar that doesn't disappoint, for me at least. Though I do think the ESG is overpriced..
    of all the ashtons though i think the VSG is the least over priced. I havent had the ESG yet, but my B&M has em. maybe ill try one soon.

the classic line is good but i feel that its fairly mild and none of the "punch me in the face" flavor that i usually enjoy. I could see me reaching for an ashton if i was in the mood for a milder cigar.