Home Ratings & Reviews

Kristoff Ligero Maduro

Picked up one of these from my local tobacconist for $10.75 a few days back. Enjoyed it yesterday. It was hands down one of the better sticks i have enjoyed recently. Esthetically speaking, it is one beautiful cigar. It boast a dark oily maduro wrapper with a shaggy foot. Sweet earthy aromas with hints of peaty mustiness before lighting. Very bold and spicy right out of the gate. Subtle earthy sweetness with defined notes of cocoa lingering on the palate. Wonderful complexity with undertones of espresso. Nice thick creamy smoke. Highly recommended for any maduro lover. Anyone else had the privilege of trying this?

Comments

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I've got 1 in the cooler that I'm gonna let sit for a little while, but u can't go wrong with a Kristoff....I haven't had one yet that I didn't liked...
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Have not had the pleasure yet, but being a maduro hzoe I can't wait to get my hands on a few. hmmm when is payday again?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Yes I have and your description pretty much reflects my experience with it. I got this in a sampler for a great price and it was the gem of the bunch. I got hints of dried fruit too perhaps cherry. Kristoff has been on my favorites list for a while now.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    Man I gotta get my hands on one of these. Ive had the regular Kristoff maduro and it was awesome. First cigar Ive had with a very strong manure/barnyard flavor. I really enjoyed the heck out of it.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking a churchill. (7 x 50) First half was really great. Had to re-light it a few times due to inattentiveness but great so far. I may be starting to feel the nicotine at this point even though I carbo-loaded an hour or so before lighting up. I'll be interested to see if I get that old yucky feeling from here on out. Just water to drink with it so no blaming the bourbon if I get any nicotine effects.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These can be strong... I like the lanceros. A churchill would probably knock me on my ass. I need to grab a couple more though.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    It never really had a huge detrimental nicotine punch but, I definitely felt something lurking through my system. I quit after smoking 2/3rds of it thinking if the nic was gonna get me it would be in the last third and also because I was cold and ready to go inside. I've never heard anything but praise for Kristoffs. I'll try the regular maduro next time I see one.
    The ligero maduro is my favorite of the ones I've tried. I do not remember if I've had the regular maduro...
    ps found a very good deal on a few sizes of these... corona and short robo's among others as well as a few other lines.
    Please PM me your sources.
    Bob Luken:
    sent!
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Bob Luken:
    sent!
    Anyway I could get this info as well? Luken, I solute you for taking on the churchhill...it packs a punch.
    CvilleE:
    Gray4lines:
    Bob Luken:
    sent!
    Anyway I could get this info as well? Luken, I solute you for taking on the churchhill...it packs a punch.
    Got ya covered, pm. And I know, right? This blend in a Churchill is a bold move.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Actually had one this afternoon while fishing. I'm not normally a ligero guy but I was in the mood for something full and was recommended this stick by my new fave local B&M owner. The Robusto was on sale for $8 so I grabbed one and really enjoyed it.

I had to relight a couple times but it was super windy. I would definitely recommend for maduro smokers as well. I didn't find the strength to be much of an issue, and the pigtail cap is classy.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
    youngryan216:
    Actually had one this afternoon while fishing. I'm not normally a ligero guy but I was in the mood for something full and was recommended this stick by my new fave local B&M owner. The Robusto was on sale for $8 so I grabbed one and really enjoyed it.

I had to relight a couple times but it was super windy. I would definitely recommend for maduro smokers as well. I didn't find the strength to be much of an issue, and the pigtail cap is classy.
    I think these are pretty unique. Very neat flavors and you're right, they are not your typical ligero. (although I still won't be smoking the chuchill for breakfast or anything). I love cigars with pigtail caps.
    Dub
    And, The foot? It's a little unusual too. It's not what I know to be a shaggy foot but has been described as such in some places I googled. Shaggy foot as I know it is when the filler extends farther than the wrapper and binder. This cigar was kinda opposite. The wrapper extended beyond the binder and filler and they put a little twist in it. I didn't light it as it was perhaps, intended to be lit, I got rid of the little twist of wrapper leaf and toasted as usual.
    Bob Luken:
    And, The foot? It's a little unusual too. It's not what I know to be a shaggy foot but has been described as such in some places I googled. Shaggy foot as I know it is when the filler extends farther than the wrapper and binder. This cigar was kinda opposite. The wrapper extended beyond the binder and filler and they put a little twist in it. I didn't light it as it was perhaps, intended to be lit, I got rid of the little twist of wrapper leaf and toasted as usual.
    I usually call those a closed foot. Yeah can be tricky to light... I pretty much toast as usual... you get a nice whiff of the wrapper compusting, but where a shaggy foot allows you to taste the filler before the wrapper lights, I don't know that a closed foot really has the same purpose. It'd be hard to take a puff of only the wrapper without the filler being lit too. It'd just taste like a half lit cigar. Lol.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    One of my favorites that really benefit from rest.............. 6 months at least.
    It's a very generous "Robusto" in terms of size.
    The "Short Robusto" is also a favorite, and can be found on the cheap at some places, from time to time.

KingoftheCove:
    One of my favorites that really benefit from rest.............. 6 months at least.
    It's a very generous "Robusto" in terms of size.
    The "Short Robusto" is also a favorite, and can be found on the cheap at some places, from time to time.

I just got a bundle of coronas... I'll be sure and let em sit for a while.