Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Perdomo Patriarch Maduro

I had so much fun doing a review for the Quesada Oktoberfest I'm trying this again. Man, I love Cigars!! So I a friend of mine shared a Perdomo Patriarch with me on his back porch. Before lighting I gave it a quick once over. The first thing was the bold spicy smell. The color was deep brown with a slight oily sheen. From the first appearance I knew this cigar was going to be good. By the time you take your second or third puff, the flavor begins to hit your whole mouth a nice peppery zing. The body of this cigar seems to immediately start off in the medium range and does a very nice job of easing up the scale. The finish has a slight edge to it and comes across sort of like a mild acidic tingle across the palate and broad section of the tongue. Among the flavors presented, the most dominant is a mixture of coffee and cocoa powder. As the primary flavor begins to fade, I’m left with a sweetness that is very common among Maduro cigars. The level of flavor would best be described as full. The flavor just kept on coming and never let up. The Camacho lovers out there will probably find the flavors of this stick very similar. The main flavor component remains a mixture of coffee and cocoa powder. The body continues to ease on up the scale but never becomes anything more than a solid medium. The ash holds a nice compacted shape while the stand-out flavors didn’t change much, they did seem to become richer as the cigar grew shorter. This richness is what held my attention firm in the later stages of this cigar. To tie everything together, the last flavor to leave the palate is the peppery zing of the Nicaraguan tobacco. All in all, I think that the Perdomo Patriarch Maduro is an excellent cigar that has a great flavor. From the very start, this stick delivers loads of flavor with a medium bodied texture. One of my all time favorites is the Camacho Diploma, I will have to say this Perdomo can stand up to the Camacho. Enjoy!!