Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Fuente Between The Lines/ In Between the Lines

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey brothers looking for fairly specific tasting notes on this and not just " Great cigar, hard to find and expensive" as all of those are pretty much a given with something like this. I love the WOAM and SSM, and trying to see what the noticeable and significant differences are on these. Also if anyone has one up for trade PM me as I would love to smoke/try and review either. I know that one of them is MUCH harder to find than the other and I'm not sure which is which or why one would taste better than the other so info on that would be much appreciated as well! Thanks brothers!!
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i found the between the lines to be not worth the price. it wa a bit bland and unbalanced.
    it does look cool and it is very rare, but those qualities only make it a collector's item, not a good cigar.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:
    i found the between the lines to be not worth the price. it wa a bit bland and unbalanced.
    it does look cool and it is very rare, but those qualities only make it a collector's item, not a good cigar.
    I agreed. Wasn't worth the price. They are "ok" smokes.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Aiz at mycigarblog.com did a review of one that was almost 10 years old, and he loved it. I can see that being plausible, but the couple of young ones I have smoked did not wow me enough to justify the price. They are creamy, mild-medium, a little sweet, some milky hot chocolate flavor, and a some earthy wood. Not much else going on.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    ive got a few sitting in the cooler. are the worth the cash? i dont think so. but i picked them up befor i tried one.
    they are nice with a morning cup of coffee
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I thought it was a really good smoke... remember it being a medium body, and getting notes of caramel off it which is really rare. Only smoked one, and am saving the other one for a VERY special occasion to be determined. LOL If any of you folks who didnt care for it have any you wish to be rid of, pm me and let me know.

PS: IMHO - NO cigar is worth the prices asked for these, IF you can find them which has been practically impossible for me for quite some time now. Good smoke? Yes. Worth upwards of $30 per stick? Nothing Ive EVER smoked is!

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I think they run around 15 dollars when I have seen them around here, which is too expensive IMO, but you are probably paying for the wrapper, the better paid roller who is skilled enough to roll two wrappers at once. Most barberpoles, one of the wrappers is actually just a strip of tobacco applied after the fact to a cigar rolled normally, using a bit of pectin, and moisture, but Fuente barberpoles, both wrappers are laid down, flattened, stretched, wet, and rolled in the manner that they would have been if it was just one leaf, so it isn't just a strip of maduro leaf applied like a stripe after the fact.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    I think they run around 15 dollars when I have seen them around here, which is too expensive IMO, but you are probably paying for the wrapper, the better paid roller who is skilled enough to roll two wrappers at once. Most barberpoles, one of the wrappers is actually just a strip of tobacco applied after the fact to a cigar rolled normally, using a bit of pectin, and moisture, but Fuente barberpoles, both wrappers are laid down, flattened, stretched, wet, and rolled in the manner that they would have been if it was just one leaf, so it isn't just a strip of maduro leaf applied like a stripe after the fact.
    Interesting, doc, I had no idea, I thought they were always "legitmate" barber poles. Care to name any names you know of? Or let the more gullible of us (such as me) in on how you tell the difference?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    I thought it was a really good smoke... remember it being a medium body, and getting notes of caramel off it which is really rare. Only smoked one, and am saving the other one for a VERY special occasion to be determined. LOL If any of you folks who didnt care for it have any you wish to be rid of, pm me and let me know.

PS: IMHO - NO cigar is worth the prices asked for these, IF you can find them which has been practically impossible for me for quite some time now. Good smoke? Yes. Worth upwards of $30 per stick? Nothing Ive EVER smoked is!

Great info Sniper, thanks a bunch for that, and thank you to everyone else for your info on this as well!! These actually JUST landed at my lounge yesterday unbeknownst to me when I posted this, but they are for locker members only and are listed for $31 and change a stick. Even IF I could buy it, I would not for that price, but one of our very own has graciously put together a package for me and it has one of these in it. I will do a review on it myself in a handful of months after its had some time to acclimate to the humi and I get further along in my other review commitments.

I did know about the two complete leaves used to do the barber pole in this case, and I believe the same is true for the Sol Cubano Artisan I believe, but do NOT know that for a fact though.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    When I got into buying cigars quite a bit I got several of these guys. While they aren't anything special they are nice looking. I find the short story's to be much better, even the work of arts. Maybe if the thing didn't have such burn issues and wasn't so darn expensive then sure I would say they would be worth it. The flavor wasn't all that exciting either. Like I said, short stories/work of arts are much better IMO.