Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Thanks Giving leftovers.

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wondering what you all are doing with your left over turkey.
I made a big pot of turkey gumbo I still threw in shrimp and sausage.And a tad too much Cayane pepper but man it was good. Still got a bunch of turkey left though so I'm fishing for ideas besides sandwiches .

Comments

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Turkey croquettes and ham salad
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I feed em to the dog and laugh at the rest of the family as they dry heave from his farts.
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Leftovers..... What are those?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I do enjoy a turkey sandwich..Then maybe make a turkey noodle soup. After a few more days though, I'll be so full of it... the trash will be a relief.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Turkey croquettes and ham salad
    I was thinking about trying to make some croquettes.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Turkey/Andouille Gumbo!!
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Turkey and rice soup is always a safe bet for all sthe small scraps.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Being from South Mississippi, we're going with a Turkey Gumbo (okra). Might whip up some dirty rice with crumbled Andoullie.
  • Options
    Made pot pies today tomorrow it's soup.
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Today - sammiches with bacon, avocado and tomatoe. Tomorrow the same, then smoked turkey soup with the rest. Loooooooove my wife's soup.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I used to alway do a turkey soup , read some great suggestions, told my dad to make turkey tetrazinni with all the leftovers that he had.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbFnAQ2O6I4
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    I used to alway do a turkey soup , read some great suggestions, told my dad to make turkey tetrazinni with all the leftovers that he had.

I watched the video, Rudy, and the tetrazzini really looks and sounds good. Being Italian, I have a real fondness for dishes with pasta in them. Thanks for the idea.
  • Options
    Made some really good soup yesterday. And thus used up the last of the turkey.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    The Kid:

I watched the video, Rudy, and the tetrazzini really looks and sounds good. Being Italian, I have a real fondness for dishes with pasta in them. Thanks for the idea.
    Your welcome! The video was lacking in specifics, but gave an overall idea of what the dish consisted of. Lots of great recipes out there, I love Italian food too.. My grandmothers parents (Dad's side) Iimmigrated from Italy so grew up eating lots of Italian food!!!!!!!! I also spent about a month in Italy south of Naples bout 20 years ago, where eating out is an event!!! Nothing like good food, good wine, and a good cigar.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Found a little something for all you Ramen guys.

Post Thanksgiving Fried Ramen
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    wwestern:
    I feed em to the dog and laugh at the rest of the family as they dry heave from his farts.
    Along the same lines, many years ago we taught our german shepard puppy to roll over with the left over turkey...Took about 1 and 1/2 hours...