Home Ratings & Reviews

La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Yuck!

I've smoked some potent cigars and enjoyed them. But this cigar tasted harsh and way too strong. There was nothing smooth about it. Every puff was an effort to enjoy. I didn't even like the smoke. I would not even smoke this cigar if it were free.

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had one that was rott about a year ago and mine was bitter fresh, guys told me the ony way those get great is resting a year or so , i might have gave mine away as they look close to the regular ladc which i love those, ill have to see if i can find a mi amor and see if its any better now , if i didnt give em out in trades, bombs etc, i know i have some or the other,lol
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I had one was a little on the harsh side and just fell to pieces as I smoked it.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I have a very different opinion.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    + 1. I love the mi amor, haven't had a bad one yet.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    smoke em if you got em:
    beatnic:
    I'm with you Rick (I think). I like em ROTT or with age.
  • CharlieCordusCharlieCordus Posts: 84 ✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    beatnic:
    Whew, Glad to hear this since I have some on the way! Sounds like I will be putting them in the humi and saving them for later though.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Harsh is not a word I would associate with this cigar, and I've been through 2 boxes in the last year. In fact, they are one of the smoother Dominican maduros on the market. Yes, it is high in NI, but, ah Mi Amor.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    DPG makes the finest NC cigars there are IMHO but not many of them are great without a decent rest period.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I will try another. always go back and try something again if I didn't like it the first time. That's one of the reasons I got the humidor so I can age and see how sticks change.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I just had my first recently and loved it. But you know different tastes for everyone. If you have any you want to get rid of I will gladly help you out. I have plenty to trade. :-)
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    beatnic:

+1 for me as well ...... Never met a DPG that I haven't liked .
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    For what its worth (and it shouldnt be much, lol) I really like this cigar------used to love it, but think Ive smoked too many recently....its still easily Top 10 for me.

I only mention that because as many know here (inlcuding Alex who has some similar issues to me when it comes to trying cigars) I dislike or find very average about 80% of sticks I try. Of the remaining 20%, only about 1 in 5 can I said I truly think is very nice. The Mi Amor is one of those few.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Vulch I agree with you on the 80% idea. Just not too many sticks are outstanding in any way.
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    I only have four left. I will let them rest for a while and check back. Maybe because I have such high expectations that I end up being dissappointed.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Now that is something I have had happen with MANY cigars. Even the Padron 80th, I liked it---maybe even loved it-----but I had been so hyped, I dont think it could ever had lived up to the expectations. Same for the Tat Black and Ashton VSG.