Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Patrice O'neal

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
To those who knew him, I'm sad to report that my friend, Comedian Patrice O'neal has passed away today due to complications from his stroke a few weeks ago.

Comments

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    To those who knew him, I'm sad to report that my friend, Comedian Patrice O'neal has passed away today due to complications from his stroke a few weeks ago.
    Damn..that was a funny ass dude.
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Thats sad Todd and I just watched his special last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeCMCJc5-jg
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Some of his best *** was o opie and anthony I'll miss him for sure.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Damn he funny. RIP
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    That sucks! He was a funny mother f'er. His views on relationships were gold!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I spent an hour checking out his videos... The man was hysterical
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    That he was. loved to make people laugh. But on top of that he was a gentleman, a great guy, and just a lot of fun to be around. I really am gunna miss him.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    This is sad because on the roast of Charlie Sheen they were rough on him about diabetes and his weight and joking about him dying; how prophetic. He was funny, what a sad loss.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    kaspera79:
    That he was. loved to make people laugh. But on top of that he was a gentleman, a great guy, and just a lot of fun to be around. I really am gunna miss him.
    You were friends with him, Pyscho? Are you a comic as well?

I'm a huge fan of his, though I never got to see him live. Always figured there'd be another time around...learned my lesson on that one for sure. I don't know if you were listening this morning to O&A, but they had a ton of comics on paying tribute, and it was great (still going on right now, but I had to go in to work). Louie CK said one of the funniest lines I've heard in a long time, "That's the biggest substance abuse problem with black guys--Cherry Coke." I'm rambling.

All I can say is at least he got to finally be on the dais at a roast so more of the country knew about him before he passed. He will be missed like crazy.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Spent a bit this morning waytching clips of him as I had my coffee. Dude could always get the people rolling.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    PsychoSJG:
    kaspera79:
    You were friends with him, Pyscho? Are you a comic as well?

I'm a huge fan of his, though I never got to see him live. Always figured there'd be another time around...learned my lesson on that one for sure. I don't know if you were listening this morning to O&A, but they had a ton of comics on paying tribute, and it was great (still going on right now, but I had to go in to work). Louie CK said one of the funniest lines I've heard in a long time, "That's the biggest substance abuse problem with black guys--Cherry Coke." I'm rambling.

All I can say is at least he got to finally be on the dais at a roast so more of the country knew about him before he passed. He will be missed like crazy.
    Yea, we were friends. I used to work at a high end clothing store for big and tall guys. I dealt with countless celebs (athletes, actors, comedians, etc), and actually became friends with some.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    One of my favorite Patrice rants.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVV_b7SpUOI