Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cigar.com houseblends...anyone like them?

I've seen some really good buys for these on the sprint sale....anyone like these? Are they good? Any comments about them?... are they good ROTT or need aging to be smokable?

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    only had the brazillian and it was an enjoyable smoke
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    They are all good.

Sun Grown is great.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Brazilian is good along with the red label. I like the blue label for what it is, but my problem is sometimes construction is questionable.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I really enjoy the Red and Sun Grown labels.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I love Cigar.com, and not trying to bash----but in a word to your question.......NO.

Ive never had one I thought was awful, but I think they taste like what they are, a couple buck smoke. Granted, I have only tried the Sun Grown, Purple, and Cuban. Now I fully believe when Alex says these are legit smokes that are near replicas of pricier sticks. So maybe the little differences I dont like, maybe its just the blend, maybe its because Im a snob and feel like Im smoking a cheap cigar------dont know. But for me, having them on hand for friends who dont usually smoke is the only reason I keep a few.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I've only had the Sungrown so far, but it was a decent stick. If you put things into perspective, I'd say that it's great for what it is: a cheap house blend. Most house blend cigars I've had from B&Ms and other sites either just weren't good or were decent, but not worth the 5 to 10 dollar price tag per stick.

I probably wouldn't buy a ton, but when you're looking for a decent sub $3 cigar, CCom blends will do nicely. I am kind of curious if they'll start the petite corona vitola for any of their lines. Winter's gonna be brutal and i don't wanna be shivering all day.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the brazalian label, the 2 red labels I had were very good, I have smoked a few purple labels..they are ok, maybe just alittle to mild for my taste.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I enjoyed the brazilian label and red label. The cuban label was not for me. The corojo was blah but smokeable. The sun grown was better than the corojo but still nothing impressive.

All in all if you need some $1.50 cigars buy a sampler of these and decide which you like. Then buy a few boxes. I don't know another $1.50 cigar that is better.

That being said there are A LOT of $2 cigars that are much better. 1844, AB seconds, GH 2002 etc. In my opinion pay the extra $.50 per.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    i tried the brazilian label and i thought it was bad i may have had a dud,flavor was not good and it went out on me 3 times. The cuban lable on the other hand was great for me. purple lable not for me. I would like to try the brazil again. You should go with the sampler and pick the one you like..Go with Markers post^^^^
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    red label corona is a really good smoke. like $6 a stick good. you could throw a MOW label and call it a Mow Maduro and it would sell like hotcakes.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I've tried all of them, most of them in multiple sizes, and I have to be honest, while they are significantly better cigars than the house blends you are gonna find on most other large catalog or online shops, I just can't justify buying or smoking them when for a dollar or less more per cigar, I can get cigars that I consider to be far superior (even other house exclusives like Diesel UHC can be had for 3 bucks a stick, and they are far superior cigars IMO, with actual aging potential, better balance, and higher quality materials and construction). The thing that I think makes the CCom house blends great is as a tool for new smokers. They offer an opportunity to try a variety of wrappers, different styles of blends, levels of body and strength, etc.