Home General Discussion
Options

Memories with cigars

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
Anyone have any memories that involved cigars? Or does particular cigar or band bring up a good memory?

I was just goin through my box of bands and found some from when i first started smoking. Came across the band of a VSG Enchantment from 04. I remember sitting in my fold-up camping chair out front of my dorm in FL. It was around Feb, so it was a nice 65, at night haha. I was looking at the stars, and observing Mars as it was at its closest in a few millenniums (I was an Astronomy and Astrophysics major). Suddenly a weird like came from behind me. A reddish light. I turn around and ended up watching my first night time rocket launch from NASA. It was beautiful.

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    An Oliva O blue fabric band:

I remember going to my first real cigar shop and lounge, which was in Melbourne, FL, near the giant causeways and the Indian-Atlantic river. I went there with my buddy Dustin and learned about cigars. Sat in the lounge with the Oliva and enjoyed a smoke with Dustin and the shop owner, who taught me how to cut and properly light cigars.
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    I remember this one time at band camp.........

JK great idea for a thread
    I remember the first time I smoked a cigar. It was with my brother and my dad at his house. They laughed at me because I smoked mine in about 5 mins. And it was atleast a 45 min to an hour stick :)
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I think we all have lots of memories that we've created while enjoying this hobby with friends and family. I usually try to get some friends together to go to one of the local cigar bars a few times in the winter, with at least once right before the holidays. I remember last year, sitting with my girl and surrounded by friends, smoking an Opus. I loved that cigar but loved the company even more.

Great idea for a thread. Cheers!
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea for a thread brother! My favorite cigar memory was back when I was 16 actually. Pops and I has just rolled into the Grand Ol' Opry on the Hot Rod Power Tour after an eight hour day or touring. We showed up at the Preston Hotel and saw my Pops father Grandpa Jarman waiting for us in the parking lot. He had driven in from NC to join us on the Tour. We opened up the hatch of the Trans Am pulle out the cooler and all of us cracked a Red Stripe in the parking lot just as dusk hit and the sun was setting. We all lit up a stick and smoked em in the parking lot as three generations... Very special!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."