Home Ratings & Reviews

Hoyo De Tradition

Hello, this is my first post but I have been a reader for a little while.  I have really learned alot from the post on here.  Anyway, I was at my local B&M last friday and bought a Hoyo de Tradition, to smoke there in the shop.  I wasn't expecting much from my experiences with the regular Hoyo de Monterey's.  But this was actually a great smoke, to my suprise.  And i have to say it moved up to within the top of my short list.  Anybody else like this cigar?  Or was I jaded by the fact that I wanted to be great since my last smoke was over a week before, and a Dutch Master would have tasted like a Partagas 150.  I did buy 2 more to let nap in the humi for a little while.  Will smoke another in a week and see if i get the same vibe.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome jonjon....have never had that smoke....but i'm sure someone here probably has...
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    These are a very good entry level smoke. You should be able to get these for under $6 a piece and they have great construction. Their flavors are not like a typical non-ISOM, but more reminesce the barnyard & Hay flavors of ISOM. I guess that is why they are the Traditions because they are trying to mimic that flavor profile. The only part of these that I did not like was the harsh ending to them.
  • Thanks, I've been smoking for about a year and so i always try diffrent smokes when given the chance.  I think the the construction of this cigar was excelent, and it burned good and even. BTW what is ISOM?
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Welcome, jon.

"Island South of Miami."
  • Cool, thanks.   Is it taboo to just say Cuba or Cuban, or just really cool to go ISOM?  Anyway I have a ISOM Hoyo I got in the Caribbean, been in the huni for about 6 months just waiting for the right time.  Not that I hold it in that high of regard just will be hard to replace.  If that taste of the Tradition is simialar to that if and ISOM stick I guess it will be a real treat.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Pretty sure ISOM and Cuban are interchangeable, welcome to the forum whose main exports are cigar knowledge and some good burro lovin.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Well, I say ISOM and I'm extraordinarily cool...If A, then B.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Luko is a trend setter, not a trend follower. Heed those words and know your place mortal. :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jon00jon:
    Cool, thanks.   Is it taboo to just say Cuba or Cuban, or just really cool to go ISOM?  Anyway I have a ISOM Hoyo I got in the Caribbean, been in the huni for about 6 months just waiting for the right time.  Not that I hold it in that high of regard just will be hard to replace.  If that taste of the Tradition is simialar to that if and ISOM stick I guess it will be a real treat.
    for me its left over from a forum where the rules stated they didnt want you to discuss anything cuban. even the word "cuba " was shunned because they didnt want people (government) to search the word "cuba" on a random search engine and end up there. old habits die hard.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    jon00jon:
    Cool, thanks.   Is it taboo to just say Cuba or Cuban, or just really cool to go ISOM?  Anyway I have a ISOM Hoyo I got in the Caribbean, been in the huni for about 6 months just waiting for the right time.  Not that I hold it in that high of regard just will be hard to replace.  If that taste of the Tradition is simialar to that if and ISOM stick I guess it will be a real treat.
    for me its left over from a forum where the rules stated they didnt want you to discuss anything cuban. even the word "cuba " was shunned because they didnt want people (government) to search the word "cuba" on a random search engine and end up there. old habits die hard.
    Its just good policy for your own sake to say ISOm of course by now I'm sure the gov't is on to our lingo.
    dont get all paranoid on me now.

...no im not with the government.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    dont get all paranoid on me now.

...no im not with the government.
    You sure ... Applebees manager would be a damn good cover.
    i dislike the government far to much to work for them
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Some would say that's all the more reason to work for them...you know, destroy the system from the inside and all that happy crap.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Well, you can get some of your money back, and get a lot of paid Holidays, as well as Health Insurance. I read about this guy from Chicago who is the Obama family's White House Chef, Sam Kass, that's a nice way to make 100K a year.