Home Ratings & Reviews

Carlos Torano Noventa

CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
Has anyone ever had these? I see that this is a rare release that was thought to be sold out, but is now on the market again. Before I jumped on it, I figured I'd ask if any of you here have smoked any and if it is worth getting.

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    CvilleE:
    Has anyone ever had these? I see that this is a rare release that was thought to be sold out, but is now on the market again. Before I jumped on it, I figured I'd ask if any of you here have smoked any and if it is worth getting.
    Keep your eye on the sprint sale. I just saw some go there. Might get them cheaper...
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I've smoked two of the torpedos, or Latin size. They were ok. Mild, creamy. Not great, not terrible.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    laker1963:
    CvilleE:
    Keep your eye on the sprint sale. I just saw some go there. Might get them cheaper...
    if i go the sprint sale ill just end up buying other things!!
  • GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    I bought a box of robustos a few months ago. I think they are good smokes for the price. Mild, creamy and a bit of sweetness. I handed a few out to a couple of friends that smoke cigars and they enjoyed them too.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses....
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CvilleE:
    Sounds like they might be lacking in body for what you normally like brother. Just a thought, but it might be prudent to check out a few other things before you jump on the Noventa... if you haven't had the chance, AB Seconds for the Prensados ROCK! Thanks to Jamie (Marker) he set me up with an assortment of AB Seconds and the Prensado blew me away... try those first and call The Beard to get info for the seconds ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    CvilleE:
    Sounds like they might be lacking in body for what you normally like brother. Just a thought, but it might be prudent to check out a few other things before you jump on the Noventa... if you haven't had the chance, AB Seconds for the Prensados ROCK! Thanks to Jamie (Marker) he set me up with an assortment of AB Seconds and the Prensado blew me away... try those first and call The Beard to get info for the seconds ;)
    Yeah I figured I'd wait...it was just the first time I had ran across them and figure I'd ask for more intel...ended up spending this weeks budget on a box of MOW PA and some Camacho Triple Maddys I found...really looking forward to those...how u been Brett, haven't heard from u in a while...
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a box of 25 robustos off c.com clearance Friday for just under sixty bucks. Figured on using them as ammo for the monthly lottery. That didn't work out, as you know. So, figured I had to bomb myself. Smoking one now. So far, these things are right up my alley. Creamy sweet medium spice nice aroma. And reasonably priced. To top it off, they come in one of the best made cigar boxes I've seen, with top quality hinges, lookee the hardware:

Someone's getting a well-stocked little home made humidor for Christmas. Maybe install a hygro, a humi stick, fill it with milder swag from the lottery, and send it out to my grandson.

I dig these keepers.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Bought a box of 25 robustos off c.com clearance Friday for just under sixty bucks. Figured on using them as ammo for the monthly lottery. That didn't work out, as you know. So, figured I had to bomb myself. Smoking one now. So far, these things are right up my alley. Creamy sweet medium spice nice aroma. And reasonably priced. To top it off, they come in one of the best made cigar boxes I've seen, with top quality hinges, lookee the hardware:

Someone's getting a well-stocked little home made humidor for Christmas. Maybe install a hygro, a humi stick, fill it with milder swag from the lottery, and send it out to my grandson.

I dig these keepers.

Coincidentally, I bought a batch of empty boxes from CI to use when I started my first coolidor a year or two ago. They sent me one of these Noventa empty boxes. The first thing I thought was "Hell, that box is practically a humidor". Ever since then I have been curious about the cigar itself and a few months ago I got one gifted to me. Thanks to Sherman for the cigar and thanks to you for reminding me of it. I ordered a number of boxes by phone while still smoking it this morning. Combo'ed it with a daily deal on the brazilia and I'm really happy with my whole morning :)- <----- (Emoticon? That's intended as a happy face with cigar. Is that apparent or does that just look like drooling?) Thanks again for reminding me about these and, Although I have an inclination to keep news about these to myself, I have overcome my stingy side and want to share the news but, remember, I said MILD. So, none of you pepper pirates, spice girls, ligero lovers, and nicotine nincompoops need bother.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Constructionwise, it is the typical Torano quality.
    Taste wise, it is probably one of their mildest, creamiest cigars they've made.
    It is a great morning coffee cigar.
    Then again, being a Toranosaur, I'm biased. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    I bought 10 of these on a sprint sale.  Think I paid about $3/stick.  I've been using them as my dog-walking cigar for the past few weeks.

Good smoke...not great and not quite very good, but good.  Well-constructed.  Medium body.  I don't get a lot of the creaminess others do.  Early pepper with increasing leather as it burns down.  As with most smokes, I feel that it's best from the middle in and I end up holding on to it until just before finger-burning is an issue.

All this said, I wouldn't pay more than $4 per.
    Kipling was a wise man.