Home General Discussion
Options

Oliva Event!!

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Just letting anyone in the Dallas/Ft Worth area and everyone else know, that there is an Oliva event here at my local smoke shop tomorrow. They are offering some great deals! Anyone in the Dallas area PM for details, and anyone not in the Dallas area, I really just wanted to brag! haha

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Nice ... should be a good time. Hopefully you'll win something!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Not to change the subject but is anybody going to the Big Smoke being held at Foxwoods in CT?
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    PuroFreak:
    Just letting anyone in the Dallas/Ft Worth area and everyone else know, that there is an Oliva event here at my local smoke shop tomorrow. They are offering some great deals! Anyone in the Dallas area PM for details, and anyone not in the Dallas area, I really just wanted to brag! haha
    So does that mean you're going? If you wanted to make it fair for everyone else, you would pick up a box or two of v maduros and put them up for trade...I would be interested in something like that!
  • Options
    Haha, Yea, I'll probably be going to the event, but I'm a little broke to be buying any boxes. If I had the money I would pick up a couple boxes and do a few trades, but that will have to wait until I'm a little more secure financially.
  • Options
    If they do have V maduros you might want to buy a box and sell them at a premium. Make some money off these fools :)
  • Options
    bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I feel you...I'd like to buy some, but my budget is about tapped. Have plenty of sticks for trade, but not so much cash. Now, time to scrounge up a few bucks to try and hit the mega millions...
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I'm sure there are some folks that would wire you money to get some V maduros, somehow I doubt they will have any though. I could be wrong, but if there are any there I would doubt they would be able to sell multiple boxes.
  • Options
    Yea, I seriously doubt they will have any, but I'm going to find out, and if they do I'm picking up a few. That is one I've really been wanting to try!! Also the smoke shop said they have some Opus X and Anejo on hand so I'll have to look into that too! Always good to find those on hand!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Did anybody call ccom to see if they have any Series V maduro? I know they carry stuff that is not on their website.
  • Options
    Well the Oliva event last night was a blast! Met up with 3 of my cigar smoking buddies there at the shop and had a great time. Picked up a few of the Serie O in both natural and Maduro, also picked up a few Serie G in both Natural and Maduro and got a free Serie O Maduro Churchill. They had a drawing and for once I actually won! I was hoping for the nice big Oliva ashtray, but scored a nice Oliva hat instead.

As predicted there were NO Serie V Maduros... I talked to their rep and he told me that he himself had never even gotten to smoke one of them. He did say they may be doing another run of them this year and hopefully will be a little bigger run that the last. He was a pretty interesting guy that knew a lot about the world of cigars. He used to be one of the big national marketing guy for La Flor and has only been with Oliva about 6 months. So even though I missed out on getting to try the V Maduro, it was a great event.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    did you happen to see any El Cobres when you were there?
  • Options
    No I didn't see any. They may have some back in the Humi, but they did some Special S and Master blends. Plus they were pushing the Nubs too since that is their new baby. I was really hoping they would have some Sol Cubano smokes. My shop doesn't carry them and I'm not really sure why... I meant to ask but forgot to.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    No I didn't see any. They may have some back in the Humi, but they did some Special S and Master blends. Plus they were pushing the Nubs too since that is their new baby. I was really hoping they would have some Sol Cubano smokes. My shop doesn't carry them and I'm not really sure why... I meant to ask but forgot to.
    I'm yet to find Sol Cubanos in a shop. Not sure if they are a online thing or what. Which SC's are you looking for Puro?
  • Options
    I've got several of the Cuban Cabs and I'd like to try the sumatra, but not really looking too hard right now. I know I can find them online, but I just thought it would be nice to have a shop where I could swing by and grab a few from time to time.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Did you pounce on some Special S's?
  • Options
    No I didn't, then afterwards I was kicking myself for not grabbing some. Hopefully they will have some more left over in the big walkin Humidor next time I'm up there. I was going to grab some, but I figured I was at my spending limit once I snagged their stash of Opus X.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Heh. Those do burn through a man's budget pretty quick. And the Special S isn't exactly cheap, either.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    I've got several of the Cuban Cabs and I'd like to try the sumatra, but not really looking too hard right now. I know I can find them online, but I just thought it would be nice to have a shop where I could swing by and grab a few from time to time.
    I smell a trade or a bomb. I happen to be a man with many SC Sumatras.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    Well let me see what I have available for trade and we might have to work something out...
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    Well let me see what I have available for trade and we might have to work something out...
    Let me know.