Home Ratings & Reviews

Coronado??

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
I've read a lot about the Coronado by La Flor Dom. and was just curious if anyone here has tried them. I'm a HUGE fan of the Ligeros and Double Ligeros, and I have heard many people on here talk about how good the Cam. Cab. is, but I haven't hear much about the Coronado. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this one?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    My B&M had a LFD event a few weeks back. They gave out a Coronado and a Cam Cab. I smoked the Coronado there. They claim its the most full bodied in their line, I thought it was just med-full. It had pretty good flavors for the first two thirds, spicy and woody. Then the final third just died it was so bland it was almost unbelievable, then the wrapper came off and I tossed it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I had one and wasn't impressed. The ligero kicks ass though.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I had one and wasn't impressed. The ligero kicks ass though.
    I agree on the Ligero! That is an AWESOME smoke. I've just read some about the Coronado lately and wondered if it was as good. I was to try the Litto Gomez DR Puro also... Any other thoughts out there on the Coronado or the Puro?
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I've picked up a couple of both the Coronado and the puro. I haven't tried either yet. I've heard the coronado is something of another realm for the LFD lines. I was told to take it in as something completely different.

I also agree on the Ligero and the Double Ligero, both winners in my book and have a permanent place in my stock
  • i bought a couple after reading great reviews... let them age 2-3 months in my humi then broke one out to finally try.  before lighting i noticed the great construction and presentation this cigar has.  Also it has a very unique aroma (pre-lit).  After about 1/2 and inch into this length (toro) I started to fall in love with this cigar.   It consisted of a very smooth, creamy, chewy, sweet taste.  The draw was pretty perfect, didnt make too much smoke, crisp white ash which held on for about 2 inches.

I thought maybe I got lucky, and was just enjoying it so much because of its overall unique flavour, look, and aroma.  But I lit up my second one a few weeks after and had a very similar experience.   I deffinately look forward to making some more room in my humi so I can finally buy a box of these gems.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    As was mentioned before, the Coronado is nothing like anything LFD makes. I think it's a good cigar, I've had a few and enjoyed them. Medium-full at best and pretty tasty.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    j0z3r:
    As was mentioned before, the Coronado is nothing like anything LFD makes. I think it's a good cigar, I've had a few and enjoyed them. Medium-full at best and pretty tasty.
    As a self-proclaimed LFD **** I gotta agree with Joe. Medium, maybe medium to full. Smooth and creamy, nothing like the Ligero lines at all. I liked it, but I'm not sure I'd buy more for the price tag. $10-12 I think I paid for it - I've got one or two left that I'll give a try sometime this spring and see if I fall in love with them.