Home General Discussion

Macanudo 1968

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Has anyone tried this cigar yet? I like Macanduo cigars and correct if I'm wrong but I understand this is a first Full-Bodied cigar they ever made. I am very interested in hearing what other people think of it and I can't wait to find out for myself!

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've heard several people say that it's really good... for a Macanudo. But it still doesn't compare to other things out there that are in the same price range. I can't tell you from personal experience because I've never had one, and if I'm going to spend the money on a smoke, it's going to be something that I have a better chance of enjoying.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Never had it. Don't like regular macanudos at all. They do have a line I like that is much darker and tastier.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I liked it. It was really more of a slightly-over-medium-bodied cigar. I wouldn't pay MSRP for one, but I would certainly enjoy it again.

Macanudo fans would probably like the 1968 about as much as Connecticut-wrapper fans would like the 601 Black.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Has anyone tried this cigar yet? I like Macanduo cigars and correct if I'm wrong but I understand this is a first Full-Bodied cigar they ever made. I am very interested in hearing what other people think of it and I can't wait to find out for myself!
    It is FAR from full bodied but compared to other Mac's it is much fuller. If you're a fan of Macanudo's, well first I could show you hundreds of cigars that have much more flavor, are just as mild and cost half the as much. Second if you like Mac's and want something with a little more body you may like it. I'm with duty though its good but I wouldn't buy one.
    dutyje:
    Macanudo fans would probably like the 1968 about as much as Connecticut-wrapper fans would like the 601 Black.
    Nice.
  • I actually had one a couple weeks ago. It's a good cigar, my favorite Macanudo out of all the ones I've tried. I personally don't think it's worth the MSRP, but if you can get a good deal on it or get one from a friend by all means go for it.
    Hey Dave, where you been brother?
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    It seems that this cigar is better than the usual Macanduos, . But the MSRP is little high for what you get. I guess I will give it a try and see. What is the MSRP for these cigars? I will have to check and compare at my local B & Ms to see who has the best price.

"Long ashes my friends."

• madurofan:
    Hey Dave, where you been brother?

I've been pretty darn busy. Getting into all my core classes (design major in college), and homework/projects have been keeping me from being able to enjoy most of my vices as much as I'd like.

Edit: That, and the fact that I've been saving up for a new pistol has eaten away at my cigar-buying funds.
    I know how that goes. Pop in from time to time though, let us know how things are going.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    So I went to a release event and I think I may have given this a slight review of Needs some aging. I thought that this cigar was made to be a powerhouse for the sake of making a powerhouse. No real depth to the flavor, and I was overpowered about 1/2 way to 2/3 through the stick, as I prefer Mild/Medium bodies cigars.
    I got 6 or so of these at an event and smoked 2.
    I got them and a couple other gimmies for $20 but would have hated it if I walked out of the event with this stick and a beer for $20. I got the extra stuff because I hit a couple raffles.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Krieg:

I got a sampler from their website when they first introduced the 68 line, I don't know if they still have the deal going on. I have only smoked one and it was okay. About like everyone else said was more medium to me and I would not go out and buy anymore.