Home Cigar 101

Impressive Recovery

ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
I had to take advantage of their awesome repair/replacement policy and sent out my Xikar lighter to have the ignition system repaired. As a result, I was using one of those many boxes of matches I have received from Cigar.com or her sister site. The trade winds were kicking up a bit so with the three matches remaining I was only able to get about half of the foot of the cigar toasted and lit. Feeling lazy I decided to puff away and see what would happen. The burn corrected itself in less than an inch of ash. This brings me to my theory on humidity and air temp effecting cigar burn, but a few folks have weighed in on the topic during other posts. The cigar was a Cru Royale robusto by Macanudo. (A good cigar at a decent price, by the way, for those folks who got their start on Macanudo and then moved on.)

Comments

• chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Glad to hear the burn evened out for you!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Only had to send one XiKar product back... but instead of a repair, they just sent me a new one entirely. Can't beat that (Palio has a similarly amazing warranty, that I have used as well)