Home Cigar 101
Options

I'm confused....

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
With regard to the Diesel line, a couple questions:

Is there a difference between the Diesel (as shown in the recent CCom catalog) and the Diesel Unholy Cocktail? The UHC isn't mentioned in the catalog.

The DieselUnlimited shown in the catalog shows the band in the usual place but the one I'm smoking had the band at the foot. Is there some significance in the placement of the band?

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Kinda speaking out my *** here brother (since I dont have the catalog in front of me), but here's what Ive got...

When people just say "Diesel", they generally mean the Unholy Cocktail, yes.

Ive never seen an Unlimited WITHOUT a footband. Maybe its in another vitola, as Ive only had them in the toro size.

If you're thinking about placing an order, may be worth a call to CCom for clarification. Im guessing its just typo issues in the catalog.

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Ive never seen an Unlimited WITHOUT a footband. Maybe its in another vitola, as Ive only had them in the toro size.
    I've smoked them in different vitolas and the Unlimiteds ALWAYS have had a footband.
    My guess is that maybe for some of the pictures they slide the band up to the "normal" spot .... to make it easier to see in the photos.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duplicate post - P.O.S. ATT internet

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    i think they just show the band on top for picture use so they wont have to take a pic of the whole stick
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I think its false advertising - and CCom should send me a free box to make up for it! LOL

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    I think its false advertising - and CCom should send me a free box to make up for it! LOL

+1! I agree with the placement. I think it's done for easier viewing when they photograph them for the ads. Either way, the Diesel line are awesome smokes!
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    pbchevo:
    i think they just show the band on top for picture use so they wont have to take a pic of the whole stick
    Yup, as far as band placement, this is definitely the reason behind it.

And yes there are only 2.5 differnet Diesel Blends as far as I know. I say 2.5 becuae of the shorty.

1. The original line is the UHC and comes in one size only - the belicoso. I'm imagining this is what you saw referred to simpley as Diesel. It always has a footband.
    2. The shorty might be a different blend form the UHC or it might just be a differnet size, I really don't know as I don't care for this one at all. It just doesn't do it for me. It has a double band in the normal band placement, which is sort of in the middle of the cigar when its this short.
    3. The unlimited which comes in 4 sizes all the same blend, but different ratios of course depending on the size. These all have footbands only.

Hope this helps Marty, and as an FYI there will be a new blend coming out in 2012 at some point, the Crucible.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. I noticed that they didn't mention the Ruination in that ad, either. Ah, well, life's supposed to be a learning experience, isn't it? I didn't care much for the Shorty, either, more because of the vitola than anything else. The Nub vitola in any blend just doesn't do it for me.

thanks again.
  • Options
    Man, I'm REALLY confused!! The Ruination isn't a Diesel!! What was I thinking? Brain cramp, brain cramp......
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    pbchevo:
    Yup, as far as band placement, this is definitely the reason behind it.

And yes there are only 2.5 differnet Diesel Blends as far as I know. I say 2.5 becuae of the shorty.

1. The original line is the UHC and comes in one size only - the belicoso. I'm imagining this is what you saw referred to simpley as Diesel. It always has a footband.
    2. The shorty might be a different blend form the UHC or it might just be a differnet size, I really don't know as I don't care for this one at all. It just doesn't do it for me. It has a double band in the normal band placement, which is sort of in the middle of the cigar when its this short.
    3. The unlimited which comes in 4 sizes all the same blend, but different ratios of course depending on the size. These all have footbands only.

Hope this helps Marty, and as an FYI there will be a new blend coming out in 2012 at some point, the Crucible.
    Not to nitpick, but the original diesel blend now comes in a corona size, which I believe is just about regular production now. You can e-mail your rep and get them as singles and bundles at least, as far as I know. The unlimited comes in a corona too, but I think only available in AJ corona sampler, whatever they call it.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I got the stout diesels on the daily deal 6x60 the band is the foot. Definitely have to try one if ur a fan of the UHC.