Home Non Cigar Related

Comments

• Options
    Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Should have put a warning on that link.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely it's fake I wouldn't imagine his buddies would just let him bleed out while having a smoke.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    As fake as having sniper booths at the SuperBowl. Whoever photoshped that is sick.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Has to be fake there's no way dude could remain conscious long enough for this shot to be set up.
    And seriously look at the super small amount of blood PLEASE.

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    stephen_hannibal:
    Has to be fake there's no way dude could remain conscious long enough for this shot to be set up.
    And seriously look at the super small amount of blood PLEASE.

Whaddaya mean, it's on the INTERNET so it MUST be true!
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    My last active duty assignment was at the National Training Center at Fort Irwin, CA. Units going through training go through the Mass Trauma lane. The scenario is: a unit out on patrol comes across the scene of a VBIED (Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device), and must secure the area and treat/evac the casualties. There's a dozen or so amputees that get paid big bucks to have Hollywood makeup artists work on them to give the Soldiers realistic training.
    The buildings in the background are part of Medina Wasl, the town that the Mass Trauma Lane is conducted at.
    The Palm trees are plastic.

Mass Trauma Lane Video

• Options
    crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    The half full water bottle of fake blood on the chair behind him says alot.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    We saw a lot of this in Baghdad 2005-2006:

Huge Iraqi VBIED
    (Not my video)

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    That cigarette is gonna give him cancer...
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    We saw a lot of this in Baghdad 2005-2006:

Huge Iraqi VBIED
    (Not my video)

From what I read this was a mistake in the way the truck was loaded. I hope that gets figured out, if that was the case. That was a massive explosion....
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I'm with Steve on this one. I've seen pretty big scenario's and actors brought in for training. I'd say its an amputee playing a role for a Units training.

While I was a doorgunner in a Huey, we got called on a casevac for a Marine that got about a third of his lower jaw shot off. Everything from about the right jaw muscle to about the middle of his mouth was gone. The Corps did a good job in stopping the bleeding before we arrived which made our job a lot better. I kid you not, the guy leaned over and tried yelling something at me...I couldn't hear so I got real close and he says..."I'm having a sh!tty day and could really use a dip"! This guys mouth has been nearly blasted off and he wants a dip! Man I wanted to hook him up but I don't dip. I did how ever smoke cigarettes back then. So I gave him the rest of my pack and lighter when we landed. Never seen the guy again.