Home Cigar 101
Options

Not another bead question!

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Another question, thought probably pretty arbitrary for my setup. I got a pound of Heartfelt 65% beads in my 70 qt cooler. I just put all the beads in a piece of tuperware pushed it over to the side. You think I should split 'em up and put a container on either end, or put 'em in nylon bags, or does it probably not matter?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it wont hurt.
    i would do that if it was my cooler, however, i would have to concede that i was doing it because it "makes me feel good"

plastic hold RH so well that it will have fewer high and low spots. splitting the beads will even it out even more.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    The more "surface" area of your silica is exposed, the quicker the "response".
    I would split them as well.

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gotta agree with these guys. In my coolidor I split the beads among 3 containers but in my humi they're only in 1.....
    Both keep the RH very consistent but I've noticed that if the beads start to get dry and the RH begins to drop, the coolidor will stabilize quicker, taking only about a day, whereas the desktop will take closer to 3 days.

If you have room I'd say split them up, but if not you shouldn't have a problem with only 1 container.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *