Home Non Cigar Related

New cell phone?

Hey guys I'm in need of a new (to me) cell phone.
I have at&t 3g and am looking for something android.

Got any recommendations on places to look for a decent deal?

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best Buy usually has a free phone deals. That's where I got mine. (AT&T Inspire 4g. It's sort of at&t 's version of the EVO. plus/minus a few perks). Very happy with the phone.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Got any recommendations on places to look for a decent deal?

If you don't have a specific droid in mine, I'd suggest checking out CNET ... they have some great info and good reviews. They also have links on where to buy: CLICK CNET Link

As far as a decent deal maybe try Newegg.com, not sure if they carry ATT handsets though.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• PDWIGSPDWIGS Posts: 82
    Samsung's Galaxy IIs is a great all around phone. Just bought mine and I love it.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Verizon's running a good deal for the HTC Rezound - $100 on-contract; it was released in November and started at $300. It's a dual-core phone, beats by Dr. Dre headphones (retail $100), good camera and the best HD screen of any smartphone - all in all a really good phone; HTC has released the bootloader for it, so you should be able to root it pretty easily if you want.

If you're willing to wait, quad-core phones are set to be dropping soon. The yearly trade show, Mobile World Congress, takes place on Feb. 27, and it's expected that the big manufacturers (and some new ones hoping ot break into the top-tier market) are gonna debut their newest phones set for a spring/summer release. Expect new quad-core phones, more HD screens, and most of them will be built for Android Ice Cream Sandwich, the newest Android release.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The F man?! Getting rid of the iPhone....I outta smack you
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Ordered the 32 gig 4s today. Have gone through 2 Droid incredibles in the last 6 months.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    ENFIDL:
    Smackage not needed its a gift for GF. Hers went through a spin cycle.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    the midwest, AT&T sucks two of my boys have Iphones, can never get through to them, just picked up Motorola Electrify, 16gb, 8mp camera, for my self getting used to it, but do like it!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
    stephen_hannibal:
    ENFIDL:
    Ahh I see. Email me what service provider she has. I have an android just chillin at the house
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    HTC EVO 3D. So good, you won't want another phone from Apple ever again.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    ENFIDL:
    See what happens when you jump the gun E!
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:
    ENFIDL:
    I'll jump whatever gun I wanna jump whenever I wanna jump it so :p
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:
    ENFIDL:
    I'll jump whatever gun I wanna jump whenever I wanna jump it so :p
    Talkin all that ish! but aint sayin nuttin!!
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    I am no Apple Fan boy by all means (believe me I hate Macs, ask Krieg) but they did get the iphone right. Switched from Droid to Iphone and I am never looking back. It just works, other than crappy iTunes which SUCK. iTunes likes to randomly wipe apps and music off the iPhone. FAIL!
  • slickricslickric Posts: 705
    djbeenie:
    I am no Apple Fan boy by all means (believe me I hate Macs, ask Krieg) but they did get the iphone right. Switched from Droid to Iphone and I am never looking back. It just works, other than crappy iTunes which SUCK. iTunes likes to randomly wipe apps and music off the iPhone. FAIL!
    it often removes them when updating your iPhone. you have to have the settings saved in your iTunes first before updating
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    slickric:
    djbeenie:
    it often removes them when updating your iPhone. you have to have the settings saved in your iTunes first before updating
    You know, that hasn't always been the case. I have been running the latest OS for some time now and it did it the other day. It's retarded.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Galaxy SII brother! Love this thing! I did like the iPhone too but chose this one because I already have some pricey apps (i.e. Golf GPS) that I didn't want to have to pay for again. Spent about 2 hours in the store playing with both and they compare pretty nice in terms of speed, screen, interface. The only thing I liked more about the SII was the absolutely massive screen! Combined with Netflix it's instant "sit down and be quiet at the restaurant" for the 2 yr old!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can wait til Mar 4...and need something durable you might want to checkout the Samsung Rugby CLICK

It will run Android 2.3 and is WATERPROOF (up to 30 min).

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I'm really liking my htc radar 4G. It does a lot of stuff, and very quickly.