Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Titan II

Unbelievable cigar.  I enjoyed a few of these with some friends and while I am only 6 months into the cigar phenomenom, I do know what I like and don't like.  This cigar started out with a bit of a strong taste in the beginning but about 1/2 an inch in, the cigar mellowed out dramtically.  It had a good full draw and an even burn.  Everything you would expect from a Gurkha right?  If you enjoy a mild to medium cigar, pick this up, it is awesome

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    yup, I enjoyed it. I smoked it right after getting it as I wanted to compare it to the Titan. after about 3 months I'll give it another go and make my final judgement but I'm sure it will be better. Have you had the Titan? or the Beast?
  • I have had the Titan but I have not had the Beast yet.  I have 12 Titan II's to go thru before I attempt the Beast.  I take it, the Beast is comparable to the Titan?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The beast, no. I think there is more flavor in the beast. more of a cocoa taste. I do think the titan had more of a cedar taste. The beast is at the top of my gurkha list right under the triple ligero.
  • jaytothenjaytothen Posts: 55
    phobicsquirrel:
    The beast, no. I think there is more flavor in the beast. more of a cocoa taste. I do think the titan had more of a cedar taste. The beast is at the top of my gurkha list right under the triple ligero.
    I agree, the Titan has a sweet cedar taste, the Titan II seems to not have as much sweetness to it IMO but still more then the Beast, which has an earthy and cocoa taste. Personally I like the Titan the best of the three
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    So I got off work ona gorgeous monday afternoon. Did a few hours of hard work around the house and decided to light up a Titan II. It was easy to light, with excellent draw. The first few puffs were earthy. A tad bitter, yet a sweet tinge to it as well. The wrapper smells dark, yet flavorful at the same time.I somehow get a hint of nutmeg or cashew off the first inch as I sit here smoking. Then I get that first twing of a coco, but very dark coca for some reason as well. I drink water so not to taint my taste buds, and continue smoking. It burns perfectly as I would expect from a gurkha. i get just a hint of bitterness off of the smoke, but nonetheless it was a awesome cigar. So glad I jumped the gun and bought a box of these bad boys!