Home General Discussion

Northern California - Bay Area herf ! ! ! !

jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
Hello my fellow BOTLs. I'd like to get together and have a smoke (I'm relatively new on the forum and figured it'll be awesome to meet up for some good conversations and cigars). For us folks that are in nor cal bay area, i'd like to set up a quarterly herf that revolves around various BnMs within the bay area. We'll rotate within the bay each quarter (south bay, peninsula, east bay, north bay). The first one will be in the east bay (Pleasanton to be exact). It's a really cool BnM near me called Mission Pipe Shop (see address below). It will be on Saturday, April 14 at 1PM. Who's in? Mission Pipe Shop 4001-4 Santa Rita Road Pleasanton, CA 94588 http://www.missionpipecigar.com/ Hope you guys can make it! Jiunn

Comments

• boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    I'm in.
  • 415415 Posts: 951
    too soon to know for sure but i think i can make it
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    geesh. two people replied. that's it?? I guess most guys are in so cal or non bay area? aw man.
    yeah there are a few members here in the bay. and a few that are out towards sac.

oh well. look on the bright side, more cigars for you
    415:
    yeah there are a few members here in the bay. and a few that are out towards sac.

haha yea for sure. right on man. fewer or more BOTLs, it's always a great time to have a cigar and conversations.
  • SporusSporus Posts: 236
    jliu:
    415:

haha yea for sure. right on man. fewer or more BOTLs, it's always a great time to have a cigar and conversations.
    Just saw this and am interested, but I have a feeling I'll be out of town that weekend. May just show up if not.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    yeah - I'd be up for it - but not sure if I can make it - will know more in a week or so.

cool. more posts. hope you guys can make it! when it gets closer i'll remind you guys. just had an aged diesel unlimited belicoso (aged for about 5-6 months). man, what a difference from smoking it right out of the box. the spice has not greatly dissipated (which is a good thing) and it was super creamy and nutty. awesome!
  • Definitely interested. Plus with the in-laws in the bay it may be a good excuse to go see them :)
    Jaydabomb88:
    Definitely interested. Plus with the in-laws in the bay it may be a good excuse to go see them :)
    right on man. hope you can make it! where are your in-laws at?
  • San Carlos
    Still in, and really looking forward to the Herf and to meeting some of you guys face to face.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Oh man I would totally be down for this, but since I have to work- at my local B&M ;-), I can't make it. I know for sure that I can attend the herf you have at the Cigar Loft in San Mateo since well, I work there!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Mission Pipe is an awesome shop and I'd love to come, but I'll be at AT&T on the 14th... There is a nice shop in Walnut Creek called Cigar Loft that has a nice lounge... I think it's owned by the same folks as the shop Jdorais works in... we should set something up there... as long as there are no Giants home games, I can probably make it!
    Jdorais:
    Oh man I would totally be down for this, but since I have to work- at my local B&M ;-), I can't make it. I know for sure that I can attend the herf you have at the Cigar Loft in San Mateo since well, I work there!
    hahaha, Jeff, bummer you can't make it this time. But Jiunn and I we're impressed with the Loft when we came in a few weeks back, so that will definitely be one of next herfing locations and you might see one or both of us before then at the loft.

PM to you as well.
    Jaydabomb88:
    San Carlos
    nice. if you have some time, you should check out the refuge in san carlos. really good pastrami and belgian ales. hope you can make it!
    boydmcgowan:
    Jdorais:
    hahaha, Jeff, bummer you can't make it this time. But Jiunn and I we're impressed with the Loft when we came in a few weeks back, so that will definitely be one of next herfing locations and you might see one or both of us before then at the loft.

PM to you as well.
    hey jeff. i second boyd. you bnm is definitely a great spot. i'm sure we'll see you soon. jiunn
    robbyras:
    Mission Pipe is an awesome shop and I'd love to come, but I'll be at AT&T on the 14th... There is a nice shop in Walnut Creek called Cigar Loft that has a nice lounge... I think it's owned by the same folks as the shop Jdorais works in... we should set something up there... as long as there are no Giants home games, I can probably make it!
    for sure! i've been meaning to check out Cigar Loft in WC. I'm in San Ramon so it's pretty close to me. will make sure to not do it when the Giants are playing next time. have a great time at the game.
    bump
    bump (again). who's all in? 415 you still in?
    well i think i will be there all i have to get done this weekend is new tires for my 4runner. so as long as it isnt raining too bad i should be able to make it out
    I should be stopping by, too.
    nice! looking forward to it fellas!
    of course I'm still in as well.
    jliu:
    Saturday, April 14 at 1PM.

Who's in?

Mission Pipe Shop 4001-4 Santa Rita Road Pleasanton, CA 94588

http://www.missionpipecigar.com/ Hope you guys can make it!

Jiunn
    bump, will see you guys (whoever shows) tomorrow
    liiks like i wont be able to make it. sick again.....

hope i can make the next one
  • edhedh Posts: 61
    My thanks to jliu for organizing this herf. I saw his post at the last minute, and, fortunately, was able to make it--albeit 45 minutes late. I think I speak for the four of us in attendance that it was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

First cigar for me was the Diamond Crown Maximus Double Corona No.1. This flag pole-like 8x50 stick was excellent from start to finish and lasted over two hours.

Next up, I followed my team's lead and went for the Cigar Aficionado No. 1 Cigar of the Year, the Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill. First half was great, but the second half not so much. After the third relight, I gave up.

Looking forward to next quarter's herf at another Bay Area B&M. Thanks guys!
    Nice meeting you, Ed! I think the Prensado went out due to depression, they're mercurial smokes, they thrive with company.

Had a great time, thanks for putting it together!
    415:
    liiks like i wont be able to make it. sick again.....

hope i can make the next one
    hope you can make it out the next time too. hope you feel better soon.
    hey edh and sporus. it was a great time. throughly enjoyed it and am definitely looking forward to the next one! thank you both for coming. that prensado... what a shame. i talked to one of the workers there and he said they might have been over humidified (they just got them in a couple days ago). but i think sporus is right. when being smoked, they just need company of at least 3 haha. cheers brothers!