Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Flavored cigars

I'm sitting here at my pos computer smoking a cojimar cherry (for fun). slow even burn, holding up very well and has a good cherry taste. Anyone else have a favorite flavored cigar? Havana Honey is also good one. Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    robert69165:
    I'm sitting here at my pos computer smoking a cojimar cherry (for fun). slow even burn, holding up very well and has a good cherry taste. Anyone else have a favorite flavored cigar? Havana Honey is also good one. Cheers!
    I went through an experimental phase with flavored cigars and found I didn't like all the sweetness the flavors delivered. . I enjoy the natural tobacco differences and flavor far more than cherry, honey, armaretto,vanilla or the numerous other offerings out there. Often the flavors are used to disguise inferior tobacco. I'm not a big fan of them.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    robert69165:
    I went through an experimental phase with flavored cigars and found I didn't like all the sweetness the flavors delivered. . I enjoy the natural tobacco differences and flavor far more than cherry, honey, armaretto,vanilla or the numerous other offerings out there. Often the flavors are used to disguise inferior tobacco. I'm not a big fan of them.
    I never thought of that Kas. I can't smoke flavored cigars anymore, I miss the taste of "reg" cigars. Also the sweetness factor. I love the aroma, and I keep a few around for friends. The only cigars that have any tampering I do like are the gurkha reserves.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I smoked a Maker's Mark last week that someone had given me about 10 years ago (I'm very patient;). If not for the tube it came in, it never would have had a spot in the humi. Nevertheless, I was surprised at how good it was, burn draw and taste. Other than that, I haven't tried any of the other, newer flavored cigars that are out now. I could see enjoying one in the morning, maybe.
  • Options
    10 years, WOW, that's a long time. Glad to know it aged well.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I smoked one Acid Kuba Kuba a long time ago and didn't care for it at all. The idea or flavored smokes just seems pointless to me because what I enjoy are the differences in the natural flavors of tobacco grown in different countries and different areas. I love the EcSu wrapped cigars and it amazes me how different they are from regular sumatra wrappers. That is what I enjoy about smoking good cigars so flavored sticks just don't appeal to me.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    PuroFreak:
    I smoked one Acid Kuba Kuba a long time ago and didn't care for it at all. The idea or flavored smokes just seems pointless to me because what I enjoy are the differences in the natural flavors of tobacco grown in different countries and different areas. I love the EcSu wrapped cigars and it amazes me how different they are from regular sumatra wrappers. That is what I enjoy about smoking good cigars so flavored sticks just don't appeal to me.
    Same here. That's why it took me 10 years to get to the Maker's Mark.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I picked up a fiver of Drew Estates copper labels last summer. I tried one and thought it was like smoking cotton candy. I traded the other 4 off. I'm not against trying flavored sticks, just not fond of them based on first experiences.
  • Options
    brc81:
    I picked up a fiver of Drew Estates copper labels last summer. I tried one and thought it was like smoking cotton candy. I traded the other 4 off. I'm not against trying flavored sticks, just not fond of them based on first experiences.
    Now it should be noted that Drew Estates does NOT use inferior tobacco. They make some fine cigars. And would be an exception to the statement I made about flavored cigars. They are not flavored they are " Infused" . I have smoked many Drew Estates Acid and Natural lines cigars, and they were just what I was looking for, when I was looking for it. Great cigars for those who want something different. And, the Copper and Purple happen to be my favorites in that Legends series.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Drew Estates Java and Tabak Especial are outstanding smokes...I really enjoy the Makers Mark also, especially when drinking Makers Mark
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the CAO moonshine (i think) wasnt too bad but im not gunna run out and buy more.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    the CAO moonshine (i think) wasnt too bad but im not gunna run out and buy more.

was that maybe a moontrance Kuzi....damn bro you did drink alot the last few days!!!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah i did drink a bit... but i want drunk when i wrote that.

it was a while ago. i just dont care about infused cigars. they dont hold my attention.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have had a Makers Mark and Makers Mark 10th Anniv, Acid Kuba Kuba and a Drew Estate Java. I liked the MM 10th and Acid, but got tired of smoking them after a while. The Java was over humidified and was not a great smoke. However, I do plan on buying another just to give it another chance. i will probably smoke it after a nice dinner at Stony River ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I had an Isla del Sol a little while back as my first flavored cigar, recommended to me by someone who considers this their favorite smoke. It was beautiful to look at, lit very well and burned evenly the whole way. The draw was perfect and it produced a light, uniform ash. In all aspects it was a very well made, quality cigar. I learned flavored cigars are not for me, which wasn't a big surprise. It was so sweet I felt like I was smoking a sugared-up cappucino that the wife would drink. I'm glad I tried it and I can see how some people would love it.
  • Options
    SmokeRingSmokeRing Posts: 61
    I've several flavored/infused cigars and they are not my cup of tea. The only exception is the Gurkha Grand Reserve, love 'em in both nat. and mad.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I like the Java maduro, it's one of the least-sweet flavor infused cigars. It's also not quite as strong as most of the others, it's fairly subtle in the actual smoke, and, as someone already mentioned, Drew Estates does indeed use some fine tobacco.
  • Options
    bacon.jay:
    I like the Java maduro, it's one of the least-sweet flavor infused cigars. It's also not quite as strong as most of the others, it's fairly subtle in the actual smoke, and, as someone already mentioned, Drew Estates does indeed use some fine tobacco.

They also have kick-a$$ customer service as well ...
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I had a Java maduro over the weekend, and while I wasn't impressed at first, the more I think about it, the more it was actually a pretty good stick. I bought it at a regular ol' smoke shop though, so no telling what conditions it was stored in. I think I'll order a couple and see how they taste at the right humidity.

I also have a Gurkha Grand Reserve sitting in one of the CCom bags with a water pillow in my dresser drawer. It managed to make the entire drawer smell like cognac in about a week. Can't wait to light that sucker up!
  • Options
    Hey.. Dr. Love, That's exactly why, when it comes to infused cigars you gotta' keep 'em seprated..
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Whoah-oh don't pay no mind, you're under 18, you won't be doin' any time.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Hey, hey hey, come out and play! *sweet guitar riff*

The Offspring kicks ass.
  • Options
    Dude Love:
    Hey, hey hey, come out and play! *sweet guitar riff*

The Offspring kicks ass.
    I was just going to say the same thing D. Love.
  • Options
    Dude Love:
    I had a Java maduro over the weekend, and while I wasn't impressed at first, the more I think about it, the more it was actually a pretty good stick. I bought it at a regular ol' smoke shop though, so no telling what conditions it was stored in. I think I'll order a couple and see how they taste at the right humidity.

I also have a Gurkha Grand Reserve sitting in one of the CCom bags with a water pillow in my dresser drawer. It managed to make the entire drawer smell like cognac in about a week. Can't wait to light that sucker up!
    yeah, they do spread the love. FYI, I have had the gran reserve, platinum, and royal salute (reserve) and I know the gran is only single infused but for some reason it's more tasty. I read a review about the royal and the reviewer mentioned something that does make sense on why the cognac isn't as strong, it's due to the maduro wrapper. When I first had the royal I was hoping for a strong cognac taste, but really it doesn't. the cigar isn't too bad but for the price and what you get, stay with the gran reserve, or the HMR, though I have never had it...