Home Ratings & Reviews

Ccom Cigars

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Hey guys, I just ordered a Ccom brand sampler and was wondering what everyone thinks of Ccom house brand. I haven't had any yet, but can't wait to try them.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I really enjoy the Cameroon label and the Cuban Label. The Purple, Red, and Blue Labels were ok. I haven't had the Brazilian or the Corojo Labels yet.

I keep a box of Cameroons in my humi.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Cuban and Red were my fav......Very good cigars for the price.....
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I loved the Cuban Label Corona. I had a Corojo robusto, and it wasn't very special. Still beats the hell out of its price.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    everyone has their favorite. mine is the Brazilian label

all around they are a good line. the quality is great and compared to any other mixed filler cigar out there they cant be beat. you just have to figure out what label you like best.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    kuzi16:

all around they are a good line. the quality is great and compared to any other mixed filler cigar out there they cant be beat. you just have to figure out what label you like best.
    +2. The brazilian is my favorite. I would like to get myself a sampler of each though and try them again. Hell, maybe two samplers of each. One to smoke right away and the other to age.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I prefer the Brazillian label over the others as well.
    The Cuban label is very good, the Red is just a little bland for my tastes, the blue is OK.
    Like someone else here stated, get a sampler and try them all. Your favorite will likely be different then many other peoples.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    man, I gotta get on that Brazilian label. I've been going at them slowly, ordering the sampler for each label. I got a Corojo Label because it sounded interesting, and then a Cuban Label because I love them :) Next up will be the Brazilian and Cameroon labels. Not much good on here about the Blue and Purple, so I may just try a single in each of those.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    love the cuban labels
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Posts: 61
    The Brazilian label is my fav. I have a box of them in my humi. I like the Corojo in the churchill size and the Blue and Cuban are also quite good. I plan to pick up a box of Corojo churchills and I need a sizs sampler of the blue and cuban to decide the optimum size for those blends.__________ Has anyone tried the Primeros lines?
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Its the most interesting thing when it comes to the house blends they put out, everyone has a favorite and they're often not the same. I dont know what to make of that.

Anyways...mine is corojo. That being said, i did like the cuban, red, brazilian as well.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:

+2. The brazilian is my favorite. I would like to get myself a sampler of each though and try them again. Hell, maybe two samplers of each. One to smoke right away and the other to age.
    Sounds like a great idea...I'm a big, big fan of the Cuban, Red and Brazilian...blue is good too. Purple is great for a mild, I think. I like the corojo and the cameroon too, just not quite as much as the others.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I really like the Cuban label myself, though the Brazilian and Cameroon are also good in my book. I think it is the wrapper of the Cuban label that seals the deal for me, that Ecaudorian Sumatra wrapper has such a good flavor to it.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Cuban, Corojo, Cameroon, and Brazilia here
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I did the same thing you did and got the sampler. I smoked the purple label last night. Quality was great but the flavors were a little sweet for my liking. It would be a great cigar for a novice. I'll save my other two for a hot humid summer night when I'm not looking for something too full.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Red Label and Blue. These are the two I like from the line. The sampler is the best way though, that way you can try them all and see what works for you.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Red Label and Blue. These are the two I like from the line. The sampler is the best way though, that way you can try them all and see what works for you.
    That's exactly what I thought too, my sampler should be here by Friday. It was my last purchase before ScHIP.

"Long ashes my friends."

• brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I just picked up both the Corojo and Brazilian Label samplers. Looking forward to trying them both. They are the only house labels I haven't tried yet.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    brc81:
    I just picked up both the Corojo and Brazilian Label samplers. Looking forward to trying them both. They are the only house labels I haven't tried yet.
    The Brazilian is very good, but I don't remember much about the Corojo, For what it's worth.
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    I had the Cameroon label last night and I wasn't pleased with it. It tasted a bit leathery and dry. The Red, Corojo, and Brazilian were good and the Cuban is awesome. The Purple was a nice mild smoke, but didn't care for the Blue.
    jlzimmerman:
    I had the Cameroon label last night and I wasn't pleased with it. It tasted a bit leathery and dry. The Red, Corojo, and Brazilian were good and the Cuban is awesome. The Purple was a nice mild smoke, but didn't care for the Blue.
    I had the Corojo over the weekend, I was very pleased with this smoke. Like you, I also didn't care much for the blue label, just didn't have a good taste.

"Long ashes my friends."

• tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    I had the Brazilian last night for the first time...What a nice cigar....I've had them all now...The ones that I will keep in the humi once I'm allowed to purchase more....Red, Cuban, Brazilian....Very nice for the price..
  • I had another Blue Label last night thinking the first was a dud. Nope, this one was bad too. It had a harsh and bitter taste. I have no problems with the other CCom labels.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I had a blue label out of the mail about a year ago that was similar to your guys experience, harsh, not pleasant, etc. But then I discovered another one a few weeks ago in my humidor that I forgot about. I tried it again and it was good. Not great, but good. The extra rest really helped it out.

Edit: I got both of those sticks at the same time, so we're talking 10+ months of rest on #2.
    you know, I really should get back on these. I never finished the sampler I bought, so I still have a few sticks in my humi. Maybe this weekend I will give them a try.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Joel_H.Joel_H. Posts: 101
    so far i have only had the brazillian label and have enjoyed it very much. I think i would like to try out the cuban label next from some of your guys feedbacks it sounds great!
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    My favorite is definitely the Cameroon Label. I also really like the Blue and Brazilian. However, I'm not crazy about the rest of them.
    It's incredible what 18 months can do to a cigar. I tried a Red label pretty fresh and hated it, it was harsh and nasty...fast forward 18 months and I had another from the same order and it was smooth and very nice. I've had pretty good luck with all of them, the Cuban being my favorite because I just love the wrapper it uses.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I need to try that one sometime. Isn't that a DPG stick?
    Russ55:
    I need to try that one sometime. Isn't that a DPG stick?
    DPG did the corojo. All the others are done at Tabadom in the DR except for the Brazilian which is done by AJ Fernandez.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    I tried the corojo last night, nothing extrodinary, earthy flavors, nothing too stand out, as always, for the price, not a bad cigar