Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Pall bearer

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was a pall-bearer at the funeral of a friend of mine today. I worked with her for several years in ER, She was taken by Ovarian Cancer, that appeared 20+ years after her ovaries were taken. She was 57, graduated High School the same year as me. The message I got was, be aware, live life today, really really LIVE life today. Thanks for listening.
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry to hear that, i lost my gf in 96 due to breat cancer at 52, i was her caretaker for months, CANCER SUCKS!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Sorry brother .
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Extremely saddened to hear about your lose, brother. I've lost two family members from cancer. It's a horrible thing.
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. I lost my grandpa 5 years ago from cancer, it sucks.. keeping you in our prayers.
  • Options
    jailhousejailhouse Posts: 137
    sorry for your loss, i lost both my grandpas and my uncle from cancer
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for your loss. Completely agree with you- LIVE life today.
    Amos Umwhat:
    I was a pall-bearer at the funeral of a friend of mine today. I worked with her for several years in ER, She was taken by Ovarian Cancer, that appeared 20+ years after her ovaries were taken. She was 57, graduated High School the same year as me. The message I got was, be aware, live life today, really really LIVE life today. Thanks for listening.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    My condolences brother. And i couldnt agree with you more. Live for the moment and then for the next. A very wise sentiment.....
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry for your loss. A lost friend is A heavy burden.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Sorry to hear this brother. Will keep you and her family in my thoughts and prayers
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Amos Umwhat:
    Very well said my friend. I am sorry for your loss. 57 is far too young to go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sorry to hear this Amos. I agree 100% with your message but would like to add "Don't sweat the small stuff". I hope things improve for you and the family.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the kind words, guys, this lady was one of a kind, could make you laugh 'til you cry, right up to the end.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain