Home Non Cigar Related

Flip-flops? I don't think so...

Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
Here's one of a few reasons why I don't wear flip flops:

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh hellllllll no.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    D A M N! Is that a freakin' lobster or something??@!?

I see occasional scorpions in my neck of the woods but they're about 1/1,000,000th the size of that monstrosity.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Yea, I stepped out my room to go use the bathroom and got the crap scared out of me. This one was about the size of a cigarette pack.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    "Let's glue a spider to a lobster and see what happens" -God when creating the scorpion.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Scorpius-rexus !!!
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    That is a Arabian fat-tailed scorpion. One of the most Poisionious scoprpion in the world. They contain powerfulm neurotoxin. I am glad you didn't step on it. Be safe.
    Steve2010:

rzaman:
    That is a Arabian fat-tailed scorpion. One of the most Poisionious scoprpion in the world. They contain powerfulm neurotoxin. I am glad you didn't step on it. Be safe.
    Steve2010:

Would also be one of worlds flatest scorpions if my big a$$ stepped on him !!!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Have you run across any death stalker scorpions yet? I got to meet one in Iraq when we were moving a pile of rocks from behind a storage building.
    skweekz:
    Have you run across any death stalker scorpions yet? I got to meet one in Iraq when we were moving a pile of rocks from behind a storage building.

Damn ... not only are these scorpions some uggglllyyy critters , they got some wicked names too . Why the name and what exactly does the "death stalker scorpion " do ... besides stalk and inflict death !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    My skin is crawling from here. I instinctively started to reach for my 12 gauge.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    oh hell no,, i'd freak
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    At least with flip-flops they cant crawl inside and hide. Something to think about!
    True, but I'd hate to be walking and have him hit me with this part:

(This is from the other day.)
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    True, but I'd hate to be walking and have him hit me with this part:

(This is from the other day.)

So were's the wassabbi and soy sauce?
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Almost time for camel spider season. And those freak me out worse, mainly because they are faster and chase you.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    oldsoulrevival:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    marineatbn03:
    Almost time for camel spider season. And those freak me out worse, mainly because they are faster and chase you.

Yep

Thanks for reminding me. I almost broke my ankle last year when walkinf with a case of water in each hand and a massive one came out of the shadow and tried to kamikaze me. I jump in the air hoping to land on it, which I did, but rolled my ankle in the process. I could hear his legs pounding the pavement as he ran at me.
    Jeezz man , how big do they get ?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    marineatbn03:

Yep

Oh helllllllllllll no!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    gmill880:
    I have seen some that are 7-8 inches in body length and about a foot in diameter, but I am sure there are bigger ones.
    gmill880:

They can grow up to 12", including the legs. The name "camel spider" is actually a misnomer since they aren't true spiders, even though the are of the order Arachnida with true spiders belonging to the order Aranaea. Not disputing the fact that they will chase or attack a human, but the only true danger they pose to an adult is a ragged bite that tends to become easily infected.
    Sorry, had to go into geek mode for a bit...
    marineatbn03:
    gmill880:
    I have seen some that are 7-8 inches in body length and about a foot in diameter, but I am sure there are bigger ones.

Holy Moly !!! I would have to sleep hanging upside down by the knees from a door like a bat to make sure one of those things wasn't under the covers with me !!!
    You are absolutely correct. But the Afghans think they are poisonous and kill everyone they see. I don't have the heart to tell them they are not poisonous and to let them live ;)
    Toombes:
    gmill880:

They can grow up to 12", including the legs. The name "camel spider" is actually a misnomer since they aren't true spiders, even though the are of the order Arachnida with true spiders belonging to the order Aranaea. Not disputing the fact that they will chase or attack a human, but the only true danger they pose to an adult is a ragged bite that tends to become easily infected.
    yea, they have a 4-piece mouth/mandible. I think they modeled the PREDATOR mouth after it.
    Steve2010:
    Toombes:
    gmill880:

yea, they have a 4-piece mouth/mandible. I think they modeled the PREDATOR mouth after it.
    I think you are right Steve, lol
    Steve2010:
    Toombes:
    gmill880:

Nasty little buggers for sure!
    marineatbn03:
    You are absolutely correct. But the Afghans think they are poisonous and kill everyone they see. I don't have the heart to tell them they are not poisonous and to let them live ;)

Could you tell them the same thing about Al Quida (sp) ??? You might get to come home sooner and smoke more cigars !!!
    gmill880:
    marineatbn03:

Could you tell them the same thing about Al Quida (sp) ??? You might get to come home sooner and smoke more cigars !!!
    I wish I had thought of that, I am going to run out and spread that rumor right now! Good call!