Home Non Cigar Related

Family Treasure

So there I was sitting at the kitchen table at my folks place when I was on vacation when the topic of cigars came up. My mother has always been a supportive of my hobbies and she was wanting to know if I brought any with me on vacation. I said that I did and right about then my step-father came in and join in on the discussion.

After a few minutes my step-father mentioned that he used to smoke a pipe when he was younger. This blew me away for I didn't even know that he used to smoke let alone a pipe. He mentioned that back in his 20's he used to smoke 3 packs a day and decided to stop with the cigarettes and tried his hand at a pipe.

Without warning he stood up and walked to his bedroom. After a few moments he came back with a box that hasn't seen the light of day since god know when. He opened the box and produced the following items, well minus the dust that had collected:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was the contents of the Humior:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Talk about finding a family treasure, I was just amazed that he still had his pipe let alone a collection. If folks are wondering that is an unopened bag of tobacco that was stored in him humidor :D The over all condition of the item to me was in great shape. Not too bad for items that are over 40 year old.

I thought it was cool that he asked me if I wanted the items before asking his biological son first. With a huge grin on my face, I explained that I have a perfect spot for such items in my office :D

I just wanted to share some family treasure with the gang here and if anyone would like to comment please feel free to do so.

Comments

• camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I would like to comment.......That is freikin AWSOME!!!

What a find. I still have both of my pipes and 'almost' bought some tobacco for them just the other day. I haven't smoked them in years, but have been thinking about getting back into it.
    Enjoy your new treasure....and yes I am jealous!

• That is frickin COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to check it out!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    1 word brother AMAZING......
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaron that is so so cool brother and truly special! I am really really happy for you man, I love my pipe and a cigar can never replace that just as a pipe can never replace a cigar; I'm glad you can experience this too now bro! Treasure this time man, these are the things dreams are made of ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    That's pretty freaking sweet brother! Awesome story
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    An amazing story, brother! I picked up a pipe a few days ago but haven't tried my hand at it yet. Thanks for sharing a truly momentous occasion!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Thank you for the kind words gents. I have been toying with the pipe from time to time. Its a nice change but I don't see it as a replacement for my sticks :D
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Too cool. Congratulations.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I love the smell of a pipe. If I ever pick up one I know I''ll be addicted to collecting. Awesome of your Pops for passing it on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congratulations, that is really awesome. Talk about a blast from the past. Take that on Antique Roadshow.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool.
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    very cool Aron. I gave up many things in my but not my family treasure. Even with my traveling lifestyle I ship and carry many family treasures with me. This is - who I am, where I am from and what my children will be. Thanks for sharing with us.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    rzaman:
    very cool Aron. I gave up many things in my but not my family treasure. Even with my traveling lifestyle I ship and carry many family treasures with me. This is - who I am, where I am from and what my children will be. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Thank you :D Ill make sure to pass the word back to my step-father and let him know that the brothers enjoyed the item and pictures :D