Home General Discussion
Options

Hey Guys

madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
I popped in the other day on one of kuzi's threads and got a lot of hello's. Wanted to return the hey's but not hijack that thread.

Figured I'd say hey and tell you guys what I've been up to. In the past 2 years, both the wife and I changed jobs and moved 3 times(2 of those 3 were to a new city, once completely across the state). We've taken up residence in Charlottesville, VA now. I'm working for the state of VA now so I'm home every night. All the travel in my last job was fun. I got to see a ton of places and meet tons of people including a few from the forums here but there is something nice about coming home every night.

As for cigars, not much has changed. I'm still an eclectic smoker, I'll try anything. I no longer collect though. It's rare that I have more cigars than will fit in my 50 ct. Right now I have an overflow but its Timmy's fault. I wanted a couple EPC Short Run 12's he made me buy a lot.

Glad to see a lot of the old crew is still around. When did you guys let Lassy come back?

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    It's good to see ya brother! Glad to hear everything is going well and we had to lassie come back. D@mn equal rights.....lol
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I popped in the other day on one of kuzi's threads and got a lot of hello's. Wanted to return the hey's but not hijack that thread.

Figured I'd say hey and tell you guys what I've been up to. In the past 2 years, both the wife and I changed jobs and moved 3 times(2 of those 3 were to a new city, once completely across the state). We've taken up residence in Charlottesville, VA now. I'm working for the state of VA now so I'm home every night. All the travel in my last job was fun. I got to see a ton of places and meet tons of people including a few from the forums here but there is something nice about coming home every night.

As for cigars, not much has changed. I'm still an eclectic smoker, I'll try anything. I no longer collect though. It's rare that I have more cigars than will fit in my 50 ct. Right now I have an overflow but its Timmy's fault. I wanted a couple EPC Short Run 12's he made me buy a lot.

Glad to see a lot of the old crew is still around. When did you guys let Lassy come back?
    Welcome back Maddy. Glad things are well.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Maddie, Good to hear your well. You really should stop by more often. Lassy is like an STD, he pops up without warning from time to time, and then goes away leaving us feeling a little dirty.
  • Options
    Hey guys thanks. What the hell have y'all been up to? Kas, how's that daughter of yours ;)
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    and a new picture---avatar, whatever the he!! they are called. Nice to see you buddy....always a special place in my heart as I did my first cigar deal on here with madurofan (teary eyed moment). Anyway, glad to hear you are well and hope the new job suits you man.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:

glad to see u back Maddie.....good to see some of the old timers finding their way back.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey brother and welcome back! I know I am one of the new guys around here in comparison to many other brothers, but it is great to have another long standing member back on board ;) Congrats on the great job opportunity and hope that everything is going well in your neck of the woods and that the family is doing great! As an introduction, my name is Brett and it is a pelasure to meet you my friend!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Hey guys thanks. What the hell have y'all been up to? Kas, how's that daughter of yours ;)
    Too young for you. Which one did you mean... the Kick Boxer, or the one engaged to the jealous Cop ?
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    Too young for you. Which one did you mean... the Kick Boxer, or the one engaged to the jealous Cop ?
    ROTFL!!!! That was great!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome back maddie ... now that your home very night thats more time to hang out on the forum huh !!!
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    LOL poor kas swimming in the estrogen ocean.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    and a new picture---avatar, whatever the he!! they are called. Nice to see you buddy....always a special place in my heart as I did my first cigar deal on here with madurofan (teary eyed moment). Anyway, glad to hear you are well and hope the new job suits you man.
    My dear friend ... I have a special place for many people but it's rarely in their heart ...
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey madurofan, feel like I already know you, I monitor the new threads and bump your etiquette trade passes and bombs thread all the time welcome back:-) :-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Welcome back! Be sure and read the newbie threads. http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/437201.aspx and http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/379773.aspx or the regs will drag you outside and beat you senseless. Well, not really, but they'll make you cry. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Streater:
    Welcome back! Be sure and read the newbie threads. http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/437201.aspx and http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/379773.aspx or the regs will drag you outside and beat you senseless. Well, not really, but they'll make you cry. :D:D:D
    Streater, you better look again have you seen how many post he has!! HAHA Streater is clssifying Madurofan as a NEWB!!!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    Streater:
    Streater, you better look again have you seen how many post he has!! HAHA Streater is clssifying Madurofan as a NEWB!!!
    now that made me laugh...lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, Streater with 17 posts acting like the big man on campus, lollllllll. Sorry bro, not ball busti, just comical.
  • Options
    Sarcasm gentlemen. :D Hence the Welcome BACK. Yall should really pay more attention. :D
  • Options
    Streater:
    Sarcasm gentlemen. :D Hence the Welcome BACK. Yall should really pay more attention. :D
    Nice cover Chris, still got an idea you are fvcked! LMAO
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Streater:
    HA! I have to agree. Piss poor delivery on my part. I'm about to get roasted. LOL!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    maddy... its good to see you around again. maybe now that you have a touch more stability via less travel youll show your face around here more often.
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Hey madurofan, feel like I already know you, I monitor the new threads and bump your etiquette trade passes and bombs thread all the time welcome back:-) :-) :-) :-)
    Do we have a hall monitor now?

I'm sure it's been noted before but I wanted to make sure everyone else knows, I stole that from another forum that no longers exists. I tweaked it a little to match our forum but ...
  • Options
    Streater:
    MVW67:
    Streater:
    HA! I have to agree. Piss poor delivery on my part. I'm about to get roasted. LOL!
    Your sarcasm wasn't lost on me, I chuckled. If this were a few years ago the front of your house would be gone. Women would weep, dogs would tuck tail and run ... those days are past me but still watch yourself.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    maddy... its good to see you around again. maybe now that you have a touch more stability via less travel youll show your face around here more often.
    I hope so. 11,000 posts? Is your lovely wife still putting up with you after this?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    I hope so. 11,000 posts? Is your lovely wife still putting up with you after this?
    yeah. went to Nicaragua with me last year. wants to go back too. i wanna go to the Dominican though.
  • Options
    ... and not to sound like a kiss ass, but...
    this Forum is always most enjoyable to me when you are around. your knowledge is quite impressive and your taste is just different enough to challenge me. you are very good for this forum.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Glad to see you're back :)
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Your sarcasm wasn't lost on me, I chuckled. If this were a few years ago the front of your house would be gone. Women would weep, dogs would tuck tail and run ... those days are past me but still watch yourself.
    Very good, Sir! I'll be sure keep my head down, and refrain from smoking my ACID Kuba Kuba's in your presence.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    ... and not to sound like a kiss ass, but...
    this Forum is always most enjoyable to me when you are around. your knowledge is quite impressive and your taste is just different enough to challenge me. you are very good for this forum.
    I appreciate it man, No way I would have hung around this place as long and continued to return without you around either.

And you were invaluable to me when I was looking at buying that cigar shop or going to work for the cigar company(I'll leave them unnamed). Both of which I chose not to do after great deliberation.

Don't know if I ever told you or not but I did accept the job with the cigar company verbally but couldn't iron out the details with him. They were nothing but nice to me, I just don't think they had their plan fully developed enough at the time to give me the details I needed to move 4 states away.