Home Non Cigar Related

Child Molesters.

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
Things I really hate.

Having A uncle to my oldest granddaughter molest her while her father was supposed to be watching her.
The law taking almost A full year to arrest him.
Not being able to become his executioner.
To make it all worse, I know that there are others out there like him.
This is really A bummer.

Comments

• marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    ^ Nothing I hate more. Sorry to hear it. Justice will probably be served in prison. Even criminals have a heart ;)
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I didn't intentionally step on the things I hate thread. It's just that I felt this one deserved it's own thread. It's too horrible to be contained in any other place.
    marineatbn03:
    ^ Nothing I hate more. Sorry to hear it. Justice will probably be served in prison. Even criminals have a heart ;)

May he find in prison what he chose to give while A free man.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    There should be no chance at rehabilitation for those ****. Death penalty all the way.
    It's A heavy burden, just knowing that he exists.

Trinity Adam McCarthy, 19, of Rockmart was arrested by Polk County deputies on warrants charging him with sexual battery and child molestation. McCarthy remains in custody at the time of this publication with no bond set.

It's A heavy burden, just knowing that he exists.

Trinity Adam McCarthy, 19, of Rockmart was arrested by Polk County deputies on warrants charging him with sexual battery and child molestation. McCarthy remains in custody at the time of this publication with no bond set.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    There should be no chance at rehabilitation for those ****. Death penalty all the way.
    As a rule, I'm against the death penalty, but, there's an exception to every rule.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    Direwolf:
    As a rule, I'm against the death penalty, but, there's an exception to every rule.
    even prisoners hate child molesters. he will have a ton of fun in the slammer.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Direwolf:
    x2, maybe big bubba the cell block boss will break his arsee in
  • jailhousejailhouse Posts: 137
    Amos Umwhat:
    Direwolf:
    i think that if he got the death penalty he would be getting the easy way out. he needs serve life and suffer day in and day out.
    jailhouse:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Direwolf:
    i think that if he got the death penalty he would be getting the easy way out. he needs serve life and suffer day in and day out.
    Screw that. I don''t want my tax money going to a prison corporation to keep him safe and happy. Kill'em quick and the cheapest way possible.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    As the father of three girls, I purposely own a non registered throw away 9mm just for the purpose of killing one of these worthless pukes. If I lived closer, I would kill him for you. I'm a really great shot with a rifle. He wouldn't even know. For me, it would be like putting down a rabid dog. Nothing destroys my day and emotions like hearing crap like this. Prayers for you and yours. As for me, here's hoping I can do the work of the angel of death. Gosh dammit I'm pissed now.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    I respectfully disagree... I do not want to get into details, but being that psychology is my forte and what I want to do and have a degree in...I agreed with your sentiments for a long time until one of my mentors quickly corrected me. A very large majority of those whom commict such horrid acts, were victims themselves. This crime is normally not committed randomly, it is a continuation from actions that happened to them as children. That being said, the only way to stop the cycle is to treat them as much as possible for prevention and reoccurance purposes. Obviously this might not be every case, but research suggests it almost always is; thus, if they had no control over being a victim and the likelihood of reoccurrance is high...then to a degree they deserve treatment as this was out of their spectrum of control/choice.

Before I get flamed, this is my educated opinion and does not take into account my personal feelings in regard to these individuals or the courts given my life experiences. Mr Beckom, I understand your sentiments and your family is in my prayers.
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Direwolf:
    I respectfully disagree... I do not want to get into details, but being that psychology is my forte and what I want to do and have a degree in...I agreed with your sentiments for a long time until one of my mentors quickly corrected me. A very large majority of those whom commict such horrid acts, were victims themselves. This crime is normally not committed randomly, it is a continuation from actions that happened to them as children. That being said, the only way to stop the cycle is to treat them as much as possible for prevention and reoccurance purposes. Obviously this might not be every case, but research suggests it almost always is; thus, if they had no control over being a victim and the likelihood of reoccurrance is high...then to a degree they deserve treatment as this was out of their spectrum of control/choice.

Before I get flamed, this is my educated opinion and does not take into account my personal feelings in regard to these individuals or the courts given my life experiences. Mr Beckom, I understand your sentiments and your family is in my prayers.
    catfish, also having a psy/soc background and working in law enforcement for 10 + years, i respectfully disagree. being the father of three girls, i know what i would do in this situation. i do not feel they can be reabilitated. when it comes to my girls, i do not belive in the "acceptible risk" aproach when it comes to letting these type of people back out on the street. I am in no way trying to bash your stance, just do not feel the same.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Direwolf:
    jailhouse:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Direwolf:
    Screw that. I don''t want my tax money going to a prison corporation to keep him safe and happy. Kill'em quick and the cheapest way possible.
    I can think of no punishment avaliable in the US worse than life in prison. To be deprived of all liberty, dignity, and humanity; to be caged like an animal without hope of reprive or release would be, for me, a fate worse than death. Personally, I would prefer death to a lifetime behind bars.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    There is one sure way to "stop the cycle"-put 'em down. Zero chance of "reoccurance" then.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Spit Vat.

Cuff his ankle to an eyebolt at the bottom of a pool. Set out spit jars on the counters of every seven eleven, with a picture of the victim, the perp, and a synopsis of the crime. Everyone gets to contribute a loogie. Collect the jugs, pour the contents in the pool. He disgusts enough people, he gets to drown in their disgust.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    catfishbluezz:
    Direwolf:

catfish, also having a psy/soc background and working in law enforcement for 10 + years, i respectfully disagree. being the father of three girls, i know what i would do in this situation. i do not feel they can be reabilitated. when it comes to my girls, i do not belive in the "acceptible risk" aproach when it comes to letting these type of people back out on the street. I am in no way trying to bash your stance, just do not feel the same.
    Completely understand, but the persepctive is not personal. Most of these dbags makie it back on the street...and the cycle continues. You cannot look at this from the personal perspective, or emotion rules. Most people when given the chance to play God, will not pull the rigger unless faced with fight or flight situations. Simply fixing the problem through death is not the answer.

A very large majority of the vicitms never get help, are put in a situation where for years they are held psychologically captive by their molestor, and then reach adulthood....only to continue the cycle. Those people deserve help, as unfortunately the only way they get it is by putting themselves in the same situation.

As an educated society, that is the right the thing to do even though we all want to kill the mofo. My sentiments are the exact same and no different than anyone here....other than death penalty no rehabilitation. How else are we going to find out why they didn't come forth, find out trigger behaviors, find out neuropsych associations, establish behavioral patterns, and determine fixations. If we kill them, we learn nothing, and the cycle continues....
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    LOL..thanks for the laugh Kuzi. I hope he pays that way in the prison.
    kuzi16:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Direwolf:
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    LOL..thanks for the laugh Kuzi. I hope he pays that way in the prison.
    kuzi16:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Direwolf:
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    catfishbluezz:
    Direwolf:

Catfish - I have to respectfully disagree with you here, and this is my educated opinion.
    Spent quite some time in a 24 year career in psych and neurological disorders studies, research, pharma consulting, blah, blah, etc.. Don't want to get into citing one study versus another, the flaws of each and all that.
    But there is one thing that can't be disputed. There are MANY people who have been molested/abused who DO NOT continue the cycle.
    There are MANY molesters who were NEVER molested in their youth (many lie about it).
    Are there molesters who were themselves molested? Of course.
    Should they be given a chance at rehabilitation and let out "early" once the panel feels they are "rehabilitated? F.... no!
    There are some lines that should never be crossed.
    There's a reason molesters don't do well in prisons.............

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    kuzi16:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Direwolf:
    Oh yeah. It's odd to think it, but prisons have something approaching an honor code - they love cop killers, but when/if they ever find out someone among them is a child molester or rapist . . . well, let's jsut say they hate those kinds with a passion and make their feelings known
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    kuzi16:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Direwolf:
    Oh yeah. It's odd to think it, but prisons have something approaching an honor code - they love cop killers, but when/if they ever find out someone among them is a child molester or rapist . . . well, let's jsut say they hate those kinds with a passion and make their feelings known
    Yeah, I think being a child molester in prison may be a fate worse than death. Kinda nice to think so, at least.
    Luko:
    xmacro:
    kuzi16:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Direwolf:
    Yeah, I think being a child molester in prison may be a fate worse than death. Kinda nice to think so, at least.
    They really don't get what's coming to them. The area surrounding my town is a dumping point for when they get out. Before they put the registry online we would get 3-4 letters a week with sometimes up to 5 guys names with what level sex offender they are. For level 3's they would post the guys face and address . Granted I live in a more populated area than alot of folks. If we get that many notices and taking in account for the ones that never get caught, How many are around you guys? My stance is to still kill them.
    catfishbluezz:
    Direwolf:

As A matter of fact he was molested as A child. That being said, it in no way excuses his actions. I feel that as an adult he should be held accountable for his actions to the fullest extent of the law. I now, thanks to this pervert, have A granddaughter that is afraid to be in the same room with A young male, including her own family. I'm thinking of the situation from my granddaughter's point of view. I am pissed. Death is indeed too good for this monster.
    KingoftheCove:
    catfishbluezz:
    Direwolf:

Catfish - I have to respectfully disagree with you here, and this is my educated opinion.
    Spent quite some time in a 24 year career in psych and neurological disorders studies, research, pharma consulting, blah, blah, etc.. Don't want to get into citing one study versus another, the flaws of each and all that.
    But there is one thing that can't be disputed. There are MANY people who have been molested/abused who DO NOT continue the cycle.
    There are MANY molesters who were NEVER molested in their youth (many lie about it).
    Are there molesters who were themselves molested? Of course.
    Should they be given a chance at rehabilitation and let out "early" once the panel feels they are "rehabilitated? F.... no!
    There are some lines that should never be crossed.
    There's a reason molesters don't do well in prisons.............

Accountability. They commit A crime they should be held accountable. I was bullied as A child, I am not A bully.
    Most people when given the chance to play God, will not pull the rigger unless faced with fight or flight situations.

Pull the trigger. Something to think about. Fortunately the law found him first. I might have been the exception to the rule. Who knows what we will do in certain situations?