Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

First review

Ok guys Im going to post my first review. The cigar I smoked today when I got home from class was the Siglo by Altadis. It is very new on the market to my understanding. The new Siglo Limited Reserve by Altadis is made in Nicaragua with an Ecuadorian Cubano wrapper, a broadleaf Nicaraguan binder, and a blend of filler tobaccos from the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua. I used a punch on this cigar. My first impressions while looking the cigar over were... well somewhat bad. The cigar looked to be poorly rolled, the wrapper had some small cracks that were barley visible. A small hole was towards the back of the cigar, and the cigar had visible somewhat large veins. Now the cigar smelled nice and seemed slightly oily. I was told by my local shop it was a must try because it was "cubanesque". Once lit the cigar burned smoothly and evenly till one point. Towards the center of the cigar one of the little cracks began to become larger and eventually started to unravel. It eventually evened back out. The shop told me it was somewhat on the bolder side. I however thought the cigar was slightly mild and worked its way to a medium bodied cigar. There wasnt a crazy amount of flavor to the cigar but the smoke did smell pretty tasty. I smoked this one to the nub and then let it burn out. All in all I think I would smoke another one, and probably will but next time look over the cigar before I buy it again. I personally out of ten would give the cigar a 7. It was a smooth smoke and enjoyable but the lack of flavor made the cigar almost bland I felt.  Now my opinion might change as I smoke a few more of them.

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    never had it or much from the maker. nice review though. I'd say that most cigars I try I wouldn't try or go out of my way to try again. Maybe I'm a hard sell but lately I've been enjoying more cigars and that's not good as I already am living outside my humidors.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Nicely done, newt, and welcome.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Well, your now officially part of the c.com forum gang since urbi gave you a nickname. Welcome aboard newt!

I'll try to see if I can track down one of these sticks, with the construction issues you mentioned, it may have just been a bad stick or improperly aged. That and the blend looks pretty tasty.