Home Ratings & Reviews

Diamond Crown Maximus review

Diamond Crown Maximus
First I am going to tell you I really like this cigar, for the type that it is.

pyramid No. 3
Size - 6-5/8" x 50 ring
Construction - Near Perfect
Draw - Perfect
Burn- Perfect
Smoke quality - thick and creamy

This tasty blend, is smooth and slightly spicy. Full in flavor but a mild
cigar. The Maximus has hints of nuts, earth, and a very small hint cocoa
and coffee sweetness

I have said it before and I will say it again
The Maximus is a great beginner smoke or early morning smoke

Diamond Crown Maximus for most people I know say
that its not enough bang for the buck.

To me this cigar, at times calls my name. I will almost always
have a Diamond Crown Maximus or 5 in my humidor

this was nubbed but no pic sorry

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That one looks good Glock.. Diamond Crown is one I have not tried...Yet. I quess I better get some soon.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Yeah me either Kas ....does look good though
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm one of those that was not thrilled with this cigar...to me, the flavor was lacking and I just can't keep interest in a boring cigar. Different smokes for different folks I suppose.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I'm one of those that was not thrilled with this cigar...to me, the flavor was lacking and I just can't keep interest in a boring cigar. Different smokes for different folks I suppose.
    I liked the first part but it started to get boring for me too. well maybe boring isn't the word, more or less less flavorful. I had the robusto. nice review and the pics were very cool.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'm with jozer on this one, I think there are a ton of sticks in the same category that are half the price and alot better.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my only disagreement is that it isnt a good "beginner's smoke"

i mean, one one level (the level you were talkin) it is because it is smooth and enjoyable with no construction issues and is medium in body.
    however, a beginner usually will admit to not being able to taste the difference between a $3 cigar and a stick thats $16.50
    the new guys will stick to a cigar that is cheaper usually.

they are good though.
  • bwcarter54bwcarter54 Posts: 142
    Good review and nice pics. But I liked joz and kuzi's addition to it. Thanks guys for the info.
  • Glockg23Glockg23 Posts: 5
    kuzi16:
    my only disagreement is that it isnt a good "beginner's smoke"

i mean, one one level (the level you were talkin) it is because it is smooth and enjoyable with no construction issues and is medium in body.
    however, a beginner usually will admit to not being able to taste the difference between a $3 cigar and a stick thats $16.50
    the new guys will stick to a cigar that is cheaper usually.

they are good though.

lol
    "a beginner usually will admit to not being able to taste the difference between a $3 cigar and a stick thats "

you must hang around with old guys with no taste buds

for all of the price comment makers,
    self knighted cigar aficionado judging a cigar buy it's price LMAO hahahaha
    your telling me you know the financial situation of all new cigar smokers

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I will agree with Kuzi that this can be a pricey stick---especially at 16.50. However, I must say...I have been smoking for about 10 years, and regualrly for about 7. The Robusto Maxiimus which I can tend to get around here right at or a little under 10bucks is a great stick to me. I think of it is medium bodied and creamy with a burn that never gets hot. I am known for being a little "off" on what I am a fan of at times, but I feel this is one of the better sticks to come out of that Fuente/Custa Rey conglomerate.