Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

RP Edge Lite

I had a Rocky Patel Edge Lite - Toro - last night. This cigar was perfectly constructed, it burned perfectly. I found this cigar really bland. There was nothing wrong with the flavor, there just wasnt much of it, also it never developed into anything throughout the cigar.

Has anone else had one of these and found these to be rather flavorless?

Im thinking of having the edge next, for comparisons sake.
Anone have the Edge?
I've seen a review or two on them and they are billed as the powerhouse of the RP line, correct?
TX

Comments

• Options
    bwcarter54bwcarter54 Posts: 142
    I had a RP edge a few nights ago. It's a full flavored powerhouse allright. Better have a meal before hand on this one. Burn was perfect. Draw was excellent. Everything about this cigar was great. Just smoke it slow. The one I had was a maduro. They also have a cammeroon. If you are a RP fan you'll love this one.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Actually the natural Edge is a Corojo, not a cameroon, but yes they are a full bodied cigar. Much better than the Edge Lite! I had an Edge Lite a couple months ago and thought the same thing, not bad flavor, just not much flavor at all. I think the regular RP Connie has more flavor and I'm not a huge fan of that even. The Edge Corojo and Maduro are both good smokes though. I would suggest giving them a try, but if you aren't used to stronger smokes then prepare yourself.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have had the lite also, it is a very mild cigar, you will definitley like the Edge better....just don't smoke it on an empty stomach....also, you might want to try RP Olde World Reserve, great smokes, lots of flavor.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Im a big RP fan!
    an added plus is that I have never had any problems with any of his cigars. Burn, construction, bitterness, etc. Some are not my favorite or on the top of my list, but some are at or near the top.

The Decade is definately my favorite. I also really liked the RP Connecticutt and thought it had much more flavor than the edge lite. Ill make sure I smoke the edge after dinner!
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Fourtotheflush:

The Decade is definately my favorite.
    Sorry to hijack, but how strong is the Decade? I've got a couple resting now and if it's super strong, I know I'll want to give it a while.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    brsmith21:
    Fourtotheflush:

The Decade is definately my favorite.
    Sorry to hijack, but how strong is the Decade? I've got a couple resting now and if it's super strong, I know I'll want to give it a while.
    I wouldn't say it's super strong, medium-full. More than anything, it is full in flavor
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    The decade is an awesome smoke! Soft chewy flavorful smoke. Not uber strong but a solid medium full. I had the edge lite and an edge, not a fan of the lite, love the regular one! Pretty powerful though, definatley eat before puffing.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    The Decade is Med - Full leaning toward the Med side.
    Absolutely full flavor though!
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I just did the Edge and Decade - I have certainly had stronger sticks than both, I wouldn't consider either full, but both were very good! : http://cigarobsession.com/2009/04/19/rocky-patel-the-edge/ http://cigarobsession.com/2009/03/30/rocky-patel-decade-robusto/