Home Non Cigar Related

Lost a friend ...

gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
Today I lost a good friend and former employer. He passed at 4:11 A.M. this morning. The company I work for was acquired by a larger company , the process began last May and was Finalized Mar 1 this year, a long buyout process. But my previous owner , friend and a great guy began suffering failing health about 2 months ago. He was 70 years old. He didn't get to retire and enjoy himself or do any of the things he envisioned the sale of his company would allow him to do. A very sad day , I will miss him greatly. Just goes to show live while your here and don't sweat the small stuff ....I will smoke one for him -Gene

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear about it Gino. But hey, 70 isn't so young, so hopefully he had a good life and left a lot of fond memories.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    Sorry to hear about it Gino. But hey, 70 isn't so young, so hopefully he had a good life and left a lot of fond memories.

A lotta good memories and a lotta good friends ...thanks Joe
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    My condolences G...my feelings are if you've left good memories and good friends along the way, you've done the important stuff.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that gene... grateful memories will help you through the times of sorrow. You are right, I never sweat the small stuff. And most of it, is small stuff.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Sorry to hear that. At least he's not suffering anymore. My condolences and prayers are with you.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your loss Gene, my thoughts are with you.
    Thanks guys I appreciate it ...
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm with Kas on this one. Rule #1: Dont sweat the small stuff. Rule #2: It's all small stuff. Thoughts and prayers are with you my brother.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Just keep his memories with you, my friend. He's at peace now, and so too should you be.
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    : ( Sorry for your loss, bud.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    not good news. very sad that he didn't get to enjoy retirement. I guess it's a good thing he didn't have a prolonged medical problem that kept him in a hospital for years. sorry about your friend passing gene.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    My prayers are with you and your friends' family
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Sorry for your loss brother. I'll be sure to smoke something in his memory.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Wow Gene - I am sorry... You are having some things happening around you. I will sure give him a few moments in my thoughts. You do work all your life - it would be nice to enjoy the fruits of your labor - but sometimes it isn't meant to be - you get sick and you don't get better.

How is your father-in-law holding up?
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Damn man...sorry to hear. Definitely can't take life for granted anymore, can we?
    Tumbler:
    Wow Gene - I am sorry... You are having some things happening around you. I will sure give him a few moments in my thoughts. You do work all your life - it would be nice to enjoy the fruits of your labor - but sometimes it isn't meant to be - you get sick and you don't get better.

How is your father-in-law holding up?

He's still very very weak. He keeps trying to do things he isn't able to do. Like driving ( he received a scolding from his doctor Wednesday for that) but the last MRI Wednesday showed no cancer in the brain and he will go every 3 months for MRI's. Still has days were he's pretty confused but they tell us thats normal...thanks for asking .
    Attended my friends funeral today. Lots of folks as he was very well liked and respected in the community. He did a lot for the 1451st Guard Unit from Lenoir,NC and there was a good showing from their rank and file. He sent lots of stuff to them when they were deployed through his business and personally. Tools , personal hygiene items and tons and tons of phone cards for the guys deployed to Iraq to use. Also Head Football Coach Jerry Moore of Appalachian State University spoke as well as my friend did a lot of things involving the University and the staff. He was heavily involved in Project Graduation (one of his pet projects) which collected money to pay for a alcohol and drug free enviroment/place for a 3 county area so high school seniors would have somewhere to celebrate safely. God Rest His Soul ....