Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

I dont know if The Lord is gonna like this....

... but it sure made me happy!

During my run of stress and strife lately, Ive been talking with our beloved MTuccelli a good deal. Everyone here is well aware of what a stand-up and kickass BOTL Mike is - but what you may NOT know is that Mike is a very devout man of Christ. He has spent a good deal of time over the last couple weeks alone counseling me and ministering to me, and his guidance and advice over that time has been one of the things keeping me from coming apart at the seams quite frankly.

It has been a revelation and a comfort to know that along with being Brothers of The Leaf, Mike and I are also Brothers in the Holy Spirit as well. Mike has held me up at times when I could no longer stand alone, and Ive felt safe in his brotherly embrace.

Then he goes and does this...

Ive heard the old addage "Spare the rod, spoil the child" before, but sheesh! Im not sure how The Lord feels about a good ol fashioned sucker punch BOTL style, but Ive got a feeling He was chuckling while he was looking down and seeing me left in this condition...

I honestly believe The Lord will forgive you for this Mike. Hopefully He will be as forgiving of the retaliation as well. ;-)

Thanks for the TRULY great cigars brother. They are much appreciated sir, but not NEARLY as much as the guidance and support you continue to provide.

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know you guys were believers of Christ too! COOL!! I should tattoo my nipple in celebration of this. oh Daaannniiiieeellll. Jk. I really dislike needles and stuff.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    That is too cool Glen. Nice job brother Mike.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the fold, Brother! Mike, nicely done sir! Glen, smoke and enjoy!
    Jiunn, too late. You asked, ye shall receive! Bwahahahahaha!!
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    jliu:
    I really dislike needles and stuff.
    wimp . . . . hahahaha
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    The Sniper:
    During my run of stress and strife lately, Ive been talking with our beloved MTuccelli a good deal. Everyone here is well aware of what a stand-up and kickass BOTL Mike is - but what you may NOT know is that Mike is a very devout man of Christ. He has spent a good deal of time over the last couple weeks alone counseling me and ministering to me, and his guidance and advice over that time has been one of the things keeping me from coming apart at the seams quite frankly.

It has been a revelation and a comfort to know that along with being Brothers of The Leaf, Mike and I are also Brothers in the Holy Spirit as well. Mike has held me up at times when I could no longer stand alone, and Ive felt safe in his brotherly embrace.

very cool write up Glen, I know thre are a lot more BOTLs who have a very deep rooted faith system, but don't wear it on our sleeves. Great to hear cool stories like this. Thanks for sharing, brother.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:

Maybe Jiunn the Loon (being the clown that he is) would like a fly tattooed on the end of his... er, um, well, you know. LOL
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    Toombes:

Maybe Jiunn the Loon (being the clown that he is) would like a fly tattooed on the end of his... er, um, well, you know. LOL
    End of my... hemroid? what? Boyd, I'm not a sissy. you have to respect the needle
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    I didn't know you guys were believers of Christ too! COOL!! I should tattoo my nipple in celebration of this. oh Daaannniiiieeellll. Jk. I really dislike needles and stuff.
    X2 Good stuff gentlemen
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    I am glad they arrived safe and sound and as brothers go you have always been honest, kind and supportive of me. As for me being forgiven for what I did to you and what you are about to do....we already have :o)

• Options
    agreed mister Turcelli. you say it like "tur chellee" right? like that's amooorrreeee
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Glen, it takes a brave man to state his religious beliefs in an open forum. And Mike is obviously good people.
    God bless you both
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    .... And Mike is obviously good people.
    God bless you both

I'll drink to that... On both counts.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    *Petey*:
    very cool write up Glen, I know thre are a lot more BOTLs who have a very deep rooted faith system, but don't wear it on our sleeves. Great to hear cool stories like this. Thanks for sharing, brother.
    My pleasure sir. Im not usually one to be raising the flag either, especially on a public forum - but neither am I about to NOT share something this cool with my BOTL and SOTL.

The sticks were nice. The guidance and ministering were amazing. :-) No matter how closely you may walk with the Lord, you can always learn something new and get closer. Im a firm believer that you can NEVER look at something from too many angles, and the more sets of eyes you have on something the easier that becomes.

MTuccelli shared something with me that was kind of contrary to a belief of mine, so much so that when I initially read it I was like "Wha???" But I kept an open mind and tried it, and lo and behold it worked like a charm. :-)

OK, stopping here lest I violate the old "Never discuss politics or religion" addage, because we've all seen the kind of storms that can stir up on the political side on the Non-Cigar Related thread. LOL If anyone would care to discuss this or my faith further, feel free to shoot me a pm anytime. :-)

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    MTuccelli:
    As for me being forgiven for what I did to you and what you are about to do....we already have :o)

One of the very best parts of the deal. LOL Thanks again Mike, for everything.

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Monster-sized PM to you, Glen.