Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Liberty 2012's?

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Anyone have one yet?

Comments

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    when did they come out? can I go and purchase it somewhere? I hear they are pretty hot sellers.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    haven't even seen 'em yet. Come to think of it, I think only one local shop got in the 2011s and after my disappointment with the 2010, I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into these again. Just had an 09 recently and wasn't really wowed.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Opened 2011 had mold, right from b&m pissed off , got credit though, so worked out!:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    MVW67:
    Opened 2011 had mold, right from b&m pissed off , got credit though, so worked out!:-)
    Must have been something about the 2011's. Put away too fresh or something. There seemed to bo a lot of BOTL complaining about mold in the coffins of these sticks. Hopefully 2012 goes better, cause they are usually very tasty sticks. Pheebs got me into them with a 2008 I believe it was!
  • Options
    laker1963:
    MVW67:
    Must have been something about the 2011's. Put away too fresh or something. There seemed to bo a lot of BOTL complaining about mold in the coffins of these sticks. Hopefully 2012 goes better, cause they are usually very tasty sticks. Pheebs got me into them with a 2008 I believe it was!
    local b&m usually has them will look for 12 for us......:-)
  • Options
    MVW67:
    laker1963:
    MVW67:
    don't you dare go look for us. you've done enough. we'll look for YOU. stupid mike...
  • Options
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    laker1963:
    MVW67:
    don't you dare go look for us. you've done enough. we'll look for YOU. stupid mike...
    I don't have a B&M and most in Vancouver or Victoria that do sell sticks think that $40 Cubans are all anybody wants. With the stupid tobacco laws and taxes here, nobody in the retail business takes cigar smoking seriously. If anybody does find them I would be happy (hell, I'd be thrilled ) to trade for one.

But I do have to agree with jliu... Mike, you a big stupid :-)~
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I am a Camacho fan and used like yearly liberty line cigars but not anymore. I still remember the great liberty from 2005, 2006 and 2007. Then after 2008 I lost my interest because I felt the quality went down and never try to try the later releases. I would like to know about your experience. Maybe they improved...I don't know.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    laker1963:
    MVW67:
    I don't have a B&M and most in Vancouver or Victoria that do sell sticks think that $40 Cubans are all anybody wants. With the stupid tobacco laws and taxes here, nobody in the retail business takes cigar smoking seriously. If anybody does find them I would be happy (hell, I'd be thrilled ) to trade for one.

But I do have to agree with jliu... Mike, you a big stupid :-)~
    We will all look for them!! I'm pretty eager to see how they turn out
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Rob1110:
    haven't even seen 'em yet. Come to think of it, I think only one local shop got in the 2011s and after my disappointment with the 2010, I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into these again. Just had an 09 recently and wasn't really wowed.
    I pulled out an 09 recently as well, but I was a bit more impressed with it. In comparison to how they were when I bought them, I'd say they've come a long way, but not quite there yet.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Rob1110:
    I pulled out an 09 recently as well, but I was a bit more impressed with it. In comparison to how they were when I bought them, I'd say they've come a long way, but not quite there yet.
    Joe joe when you say "not quite there yet" what do you exactly mean by that? What kind of tasting notes will lead you to think that?
  • Options
    Found singles, 4 packs and boxes of 2012, still nervous!!:-)
  • Options
    I found better than what you found I bet. don't worry my michael williams. i'll take care of you
  • Options
    jliu:
    I found better than what you found I bet. don't worry my michael williams. i'll take care of you
    please see list!!:-)
  • Options
    MVW67:

jliu:
    When you two figure out who's is bigger I would still like to trade for one or two of these. If there is a box split happening I"M IN ! ;)
  • Options
    laker1963:
    MVW67:

jliu:
    When you two figure out who's is bigger I would still like to trade for one or two of these. If there is a box split happening I"M IN ! ;)
    Dougie you were in before you knew it!! Lol:-)
  • Options
    MVW67:
    laker1963:
    MVW67:

jliu:
    OooOOo douggie douggie douggie. OOoOo Hang Over douggie douggie douggie dooouuuggieee. I see youuu. waves hi
  • Options
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    laker1963:
    MVW67:

jliu:
    OooOOo douggie douggie douggie. OOoOo Hang Over douggie douggie douggie dooouuuggieee. I see youuu. waves hi
    Mike, are you telling me that you are starting another international incidence? Thank you kind sir, i'll be putting on my hockey helmet after dinner.

Waving back at you Jliu. Don't know why, but I can't think of anything else to do. LMAO
  • Options
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    Rob1110:
    Joe joe when you say "not quite there yet" what do you exactly mean by that? What kind of tasting notes will lead you to think that?
    Just going on a hunch juju...I think it has more evolving to do.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    Rob1110:
    That's my favorite bumper sticker... it just says "evolve already damnit!"
  • Options
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    Rob1110:
    geez... I was actually asking a serious question. But you're prob going to say it was a serious answer haha.
  • Options
    jliu:
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    Rob1110:
    geez... I was actually asking a serious question. But you're prob going to say it was a serious answer haha.
    It was a serious answer on my part. I don't deal in tasting notes, too much hassle...a cigar is either great, good, not good...or not there yet.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    Rob1110:
    Was looking for the video but didn't have any luck...

You know how in many parts of our troubled world they are yelling 'revolution! revolution!' In Tennessee they are yelling 'evolution...we want our thumbs!' The thing is they see people with thumbs on T.V. all day, boy that's got to drive them hog-wild huh? [mimics monkey] Trailers are shaking. They're nice people they're just, what would you call 'em - rural? Backwoods, country? They're real nice, after a show one of these guys came up to me and said 'hey, you're great, you cracked me up, I was about to spit!' ...Sorry? He said 'no I loved it, I'd like you to meet my wife and sister.' And there was one girl standing there...not a thumb between 'em. Goddamnit now what are the odds of that? Okay the girl had a little nub growin' in, but girls evolve quicker than guys.
  • Options
    hahah fully understood! no I totally hear ya. At the end of the day, I just gauge based on my own taste buds what I think is good and what I think is crap. I used to take all these notes when I smoke cigars but nowadays, not really. "this is good. I should get more" "this tastes like rotten chow mein, pass." I was just curious what you thought of that particular cigar that made you think it needed more time. But ya, totally understand your perspective b/c I basically do the same thing
  • Options
    jliu:
    hahah fully understood! no I totally hear ya. At the end of the day, I just gauge based on my own taste buds what I think is good and what I think is crap. I used to take all these notes when I smoke cigars but nowadays, not really. "this is good. I should get more" "this tastes like rotten chow mein, pass." I was just curious what you thought of that particular cigar that made you think it needed more time. But ya, totally understand your perspective b/c I basically do the same thing
    I see...what made me think it needs more time is the flavors were not cohesive and the balance was off. I may very well be wrong and maybe this is as good as it gets... who knows?
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    laker1963:
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    j0z3r:
    Rob1110:
    Was looking for the video but didn't have any luck...

You know how in many parts of our troubled world they are yelling 'revolution! revolution!' In Tennessee they are yelling 'evolution...we want our thumbs!' The thing is they see people with thumbs on T.V. all day, boy that's got to drive them hog-wild huh? [mimics monkey] Trailers are shaking. They're nice people they're just, what would you call 'em - rural? Backwoods, country? They're real nice, after a show one of these guys came up to me and said 'hey, you're great, you cracked me up, I was about to spit!' ...Sorry? He said 'no I loved it, I'd like you to meet my wife and sister.' And there was one girl standing there...not a thumb between 'em. Goddamnit now what are the odds of that? Okay the girl had a little nub growin' in, but girls evolve quicker than guys.
    HOLY COW JOE !!!! LMAO I spit my milk when I read this!
  • Options
    milk? right now????
  • Options
    Well I was having cereal actually ;)
  • Options
    Glad I could help Doug. Whenever I see the words "evolution" or "evolve" I immediately think of several different bits Bill Hicks did on the subject...that's one of 'em. We want our thumbs! Haha
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    MVW67:
    I bought boxes of the 08 and 09's and after several months I went to have an 08 and they had mold on them too. I luckily was able to clean them off and put them in cello. They haven't had an issue since. Both the 08, 09, 10's have this issue. Not sure what is up with it but it pisses me off. They are all in cello now and no issues. I only bought a few 10's so I can't speak on them in their "Box". I do feel that the 06 and the 08 are the best but I haven't had the 12's yet.